Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRITBOX WILL NOT LOAD

(Topic created on: 24-07-2022 04:15 PM)
MattWelbourn
Journeyman
Options

Britbox operation has often been a bit flaky on our 8000 series TV, with freezes and sluggish performance. But yesterday the App totally failed to load. There was no animated loading icon, just a blank blue screen every time I tried to launch it. All the other Apps (Prime, All4, ITV hub, BBC iPlayer and C5) work fine. I have tried; 1.) unplugging TV waiting 5 minutes and trying again; 2.) deleting the App and reloading; 3.) resetting the smart box. Britbox then took ages to install properly from the Samsung App list. Once I managed to install it and get all my other Apps working again, Britbox came back long enough to watch McDonald & Dodds with no issue. But once I exited the App it failed to load once again, and I’m back with a blank blue screen. Any ideas? Britbox website says it’s working normally.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @MattWelbourn 

Let's get this sorted for you! Could you confirm what you mean by 'resetting the smart box'? Did you carry our a Smart Hub reset? Have a look at this useful link from our friends in Australia.

Also, could we take the full model code and current software version of your TV? Go to Home > Settings > Support > About This TV.

0 Likes
MattWelbourn
Journeyman
Options

Hi Chris, yes I did the Smart Hub reset as per the video. I did this three times… and had to relight in to all my other Apps each time ☹️

Model: UE49KS8000

Software version: T-JZMDEUC-1250.2, BT-S

0 Likes
BeatrixKiddo
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same problem did you get a fix? 

0 Likes
MattWelbourn
Journeyman
Options

Hi, No I provided the model and software details but haven’t had a reply or any ideas of how to fix the problem. So I’ve given up on Britbox, and stopped by subscription. 

0 Likes
BeatrixKiddo
First Poster
Options

Not great is it! Thanks for taking the time out to reply 

0 Likes
MattWelbourn
Journeyman
Options

Did you try doing the smart hub reset? This was detailed at the beginning of this thread in a link to a youtube video. This is what I was advised to do as a first step, but I’d already done it before contacting the helpline. I did it 3 times as well as doing other things (like turning the telly off and unplugging it for 5 minutes), but none of it worked for me. It’s possible it might work for you! I’m not sure if all brands of Smart TV are this much of a pain but we’ve had our fair share of issues with this TV. When it’s working it’s great…. but when it isn’t.

0 Likes
kickinCat
First Poster
Options

Hi, you may have already tried something like this, but I managed to get rid of the blue screen by deleting some old apps on the Hub, including Britbox, then going to the apps library and searching for Britbox. It's icon had a download symbol in the top right. I held in the select button for a few seconds and the app launched, the blue screen appeared then disappeared and the app launched ok. I'm hoping it doesn't return! Best of luck if you return to Britbox!

0 Likes
MattWelbourn
Journeyman
Options

Hi kickinCat, thanks for taking the time to post. Unfortunately though the fix doesn’t  work for me. It looks like I’ll have to remain BritBoxless.

0 Likes
MattWelbourn
Journeyman
Options

For all those that have a KS8000 smart TV (like we have) I’ve been told that Britbox no longer supports this ‘old’ model. We have been told by Britbox to access their channel via Amazon Prime, which luckily we’ve got. So am going to try that.

0 Likes