Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Bought Samsung QN95A Neo QLED TV and shows a black screen with PS5

(Topic created on: 01-11-2021 07:38 AM)
annzur
Apprentice
Options

It works fine otherwise, but when I connect my PS5 with it, it will show a black screen.

Am I doing something wrong?

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Jay217
Pioneer
Options
Hold the PS power button for 3 beeps. Puts it into safe mode and you can see whether it's screen resolution on PS that needs changing... I think 🤔 there are settings that you can change 🤞
0 Likes
annzur
Apprentice
Options

I tried this, and am trying different settings, but this didn't work

0 Likes
annzur
Apprentice
Options

I bought this TV just for PS5

0 Likes
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
Loads of people are having trouble with the one connect box dont know if theres different versions but some people seem to have problems and some are fine. Same with connecting to sky Q some people are connecting instantly and some not at all. Customer (i dont) were very unhelpful but theres loads of posts about it
G G
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@annzur: What size model did you purchase? Have you tried all available HDMI inputs to see if the issue persists (especially HDMI port 4, which allows 4K @ 120hz)? Are you using the HDMI cable that came with the PS5, and do you have access to another TV that you can try connecting to? This will be helpful in determining whether the issue is stemming from the TV or the PS5/HDMI cable itself. 

0 Likes
annzur
Apprentice
Options

Yeah, exactly

0 Likes
Solution
annzur
Apprentice
Options

So, basically, I have the 55 inches model

and I have tried multiple things with multiple sources helping me out. I will link to them for future use.

As you said, I tried a different TV, and it was working,

So, no faulty cable and port were at issue, but that TV wasn't 4k, and ofc not 120hz

Next is the turn of PS5 firmware and I tried first resetting it and then I updated it to the latest version too, still no different result.

I was really already hopeless until I realized there are different resolution settings,  different display adjustments, and different modes available too.

And you guessed it right, I was able to work this display with my PS5.

Link from where I exactly knew what caused my PS5 black screen

Next, I searched on the PS5 settings from here

And last but not least there are some video guides that you can easily check on youtube's page.

0 Likes
Cyanigosa
First Poster
Options

Hi I thought the Q95 could use any ports as it has 4 2.1 ports ? 

0 Likes
Shane H
Student
Options

I have the same TV, brought new, had 3 engineers out through Samsung to fix the issue. 

Firstly, it was apparently the Screen. so this was replaced. 

Secondly, the board. so this was replaced. 

Thirdly, the go connect cable, this was replaced. 

in the end, the engineer said its a hardware update due quarter 4 of 2021. well its now 11th January and i still have these issues. How Samsung can release a TV that goes black every now and then, shuts down my PS whilst gaming, pops up with HMDI issues top right is beyond me. 

The service from Samsung has been so bad and all they have said is "wait for the update". Well i have, now what? 

Where do we stand with the consumer act of purchasing a TV that actually does not function?