Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio output keeps switching to TV Speakers

(Topic created on: 03-03-2022 01:36 PM)
elFarto
Student
Options

I've just bought a UE43AU8000, and I'm having an issue with the audio setup. It's connected to a Sony DAV-DZ260 DVD Home Theater System via HDMI (on the ARC port) and Optical.

The main issue is that when you switch the audio output on the TV from 'TV Speakers' to 'Receiver (HDMI)', it will switch back to 'TV Speakers' in a few seconds. In the few seconds it is outputting to 'Receiver (HDMI)' everything is working perfectly, audio is being outputted over the optical cable, and volume control is going over HDMI. Switching it to 'Optical' output does stick, but obviously I lose volume control.

Now I realise that the receiver is pretty old now, and doesn't support ARC or eARC, but the TV is capable of doing exactly what I want, it just won't stay there.

Does anyone know how to fix this, and get it to stay on the 'Receiver (HDMI)' output setting?

205 REPLIES 205
DAS3
Journeyman
Options

For what it's worth, my problem resolved on its own after a few weeks.  Maybe there was an update that fixed it.  Or maybe it will stop working again.  We'll see.

0 Likes
CoffeeMachine
Journeyman
Options

Hi @elFarto , this seems to be an ongoing issue, read through the full thread, there is a work around on pg4.  I ended up returning the Samsung TV for a Pansonic OLED, connected to the same AV amp and the OLED worked straight away.

It is a real pain when the audio keeps defaulting back to the TV speakers, drove the family nuts.  Very happy with the Panasonic JZ 2000, not as bright as the Samsung, but bright enough for a well lit room.  The gap between OLED and QLED brightness is shrinking.  

I have no idea why Samsung is not addressing this issue.  It is a software bug for sure that just needs to be addressed by their development team.  Very poor effort Samsung.  

0 Likes
CoffeeMachine
Journeyman
Options

Good to hear @journeyman !  May be you can post the firmware version you now have on your TV here, so others can see if that helps.  

0 Likes
DAS3
Journeyman
Options

The firmware was 1903 when it resolved, but I don’t know if it was a different firmware when the problem existed. It’s now running 1904. 

0 Likes
Steve M
First Poster
Options

Think I have solved :  I read as a solved solution to press remote power for 5 seconds and then reset up Wi-Fi on TV.   No idea why that would affect sound bar.    What I actually did was press power for 5 secs and then plugged in a Ethernet cable via home plug (as forgot I had unplugged it a while ago) and used that as internet source and all been ok for over a week now.  

0 Likes
Laz2
First Poster
Options

Hello, I fixed by doing the following: Settings  - System - Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) switch this to OFF. Then toggle the audio output to OFF.

JayBee74
First Poster
Options

I just got off the phone with Samsung support. This worked for me......

After resetting A/V device and TV to factory settings, using your TV remote press... MUTE , VOL DOWN , CHANNEL DOWN , MUTE.... thats it.

No indicator will appear on the screen after code is entered.

Worked for my UN49MU8000F connected to Marantz AV7705. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Members_m80ds7n
First Poster
Options

Hi. I fixed this with my tv Q80A. Problem is ur receiver powerup late than ur tv. If you switch on receiver first than swith on tv. U won't have this issue

0 Likes
Esclark7
Apprentice
Options

It's absurd

0 Likes
Esclark7
Apprentice
Options

Me either and I still have the issue...

0 Likes