Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio output keeps switching to TV Speakers

(Topic created on: 18-08-2021 08:14 AM)
elFarto
Student
Options

I've just bought a UE43AU8000, and I'm having an issue with the audio setup. It's connected to a Sony DAV-DZ260 DVD Home Theater System via HDMI (on the ARC port) and Optical.

The main issue is that when you switch the audio output on the TV from 'TV Speakers' to 'Receiver (HDMI)', it will switch back to 'TV Speakers' in a few seconds. In the few seconds it is outputting to 'Receiver (HDMI)' everything is working perfectly, audio is being outputted over the optical cable, and volume control is going over HDMI. Switching it to 'Optical' output does stick, but obviously I lose volume control.

Now I realise that the receiver is pretty old now, and doesn't support ARC or eARC, but the TV is capable of doing exactly what I want, it just won't stay there.

Does anyone know how to fix this, and get it to stay on the 'Receiver (HDMI)' output setting?

205 REPLIES 205
Cblan1224
Student
Options

I just bought a new 2024 samsung s95d.

I also have a marantz av10

I can not get earc to stick no matter what I do.

Coming from an LG oled that just works no matter what, this is the most ridiculous thing I've ever come across.

The thread was started in 2021 and it still exists on a 2024 flagship tv when pairing with a marantz processor from 2023

What is wrong with this company

0 Likes
MisterLeroy
Journeyman
Options

The only update I can share for my specific issue is that it is in fact solved.

The OneConnect box required a brand new main board and now it works fine. 

0 Likes
crashburn162
Apprentice
Options

No one is talking about this problem in any reviews :smiling-face: I had this problem with my S95B when I play plex or any other streaming app it wouldn't work and I had to change from my AVR to TV Speaker and back in order for the sound to work. After the last update 1622.4 now works without having to do that so maybe try and update it. Depending on where you are the update might not come out so just download it from the samsung site. But I guess the issue is not fixed on the new TV 😞

0 Likes
Giman43
First Poster
Options

I believe its clear that they do not know what is causing it. It would be nice if Samsung would actually say that instead of leaving us all hanging. 

0 Likes
JBP3
Explorer
Options

Oh, they know what caused it: poorly coded firmware update which broke the eARC handshake. They just refuse to fix the problem. Best consumer-side solution is to stop buying Samsung products.

0 Likes
stevew2023
First Poster
Options

Exactly why I returned it and got a Sony. No issues with the Sony. No more Samsung anything for me.

0 Likes