Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARC problem

(Topic created on: 02-04-2022 08:17 AM)
DanielUK
Student
Options

Hi all. I hope you can help please.

I have just replaced my old Philips 55PUS6401 TV with a new Samsung QE65Q70AATXXU 65 Inch QLED 4K Ultra HD Smart TV.

The TV is all set up and working fine on FreeSat, but I have a problem with sound output.

Previously, I used a HDMI ARC port from the TV to my Denon AVR which worked perfectly. With Samsung, I get an error saying "Your audio device is connected to a port that does not support ARC. Please connect your device to the HDMI 3 (ARC) port."

The same cable is in HDMI 3, and in settings on the Samsung TV - in Sound, Expert settings - 'HDMIe-ARC Mode' is Auto, as well as 'Digital Output Adio for...' Auto.

In terms of setup I have a HDMI cable in the TV as mentioned. This then goes to this small box which has an optical audio cable from it which then goes into the optical TV audio port on the AVR: 
HD11-ARC - The Media Factory

I also tried bypassing the above box conveying HDMI to optical audio and followed these instructions: Playing TV Audio Through the AV Receiver

Enabled the above setting. Switched my projector HDMI to MONITOR 2, plugged the HDMI from TV into MONITOR 1 (ARC). Enabled all settings - same error on the TV.

Any ideas!?

Thanks for your help,
Dan

42 REPLIES 42
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page may be helpful to you

How to use HDMI ARC on Samsung Smart TV

https://www.samsung.com/levant/support/tv-audio-video/how-to-use-hdmi-arc-on-samsung-smart-tv/
jlous
Apprentice
Options

I have same problem. I have been using my Samsumg QLED for 3 years with the same external amplifier, the same cable, and same port for three years.

Suddenly this week external sound is gone, and I get the same message: 
Your audio device is connected to a port that does not support ARC. Please connect your device to the HDMI 3 (ARC) port.

My amp is connected to HDMI 3. 

leopoldobudde
Student
Options

Hello, I'm having a similar problem here.

Working with Samsung AU7000 UHD 50" TV connected to my ARC/eARC sound device with the following settings:

• Sound device connected to HDMI 3 (eARC) with 4k UHD HDMI cable (also tried other ports)
  • Anynet/CEC enabled
  • ARC enabled: auto
  • Sound format: auto (also tried with PCM)
  • TV firmware version updated
  • HDMI Receiver selected as audio output (also tried sitching to TV speakers, and back to HDMI device)

Tried unplugging power supply of both TV and sound device, unplugging and plugging back HDMI cable from sound device, from TV, tried also HDMI 1 and HDMI 2 ports, and always continue to receive the same message:

• Your audio device is connected to a port that does not support ARC. Please connect your device to the HDMI 3 (ARC) port

When HDMI Receiver is selected as audio output, and I turn volume Up/Down from the TV remote, my audio device correctly receives the corresponding CEC commands. Also when de HDMI cable is desconnected an re-connected, the device receives all the audio descriptors. However it is impossible to stablish the eARC link.

Any help would be much appreciated.

DanielUK
Student
Options

Hi there!

This is still continuing for me too. I have triple checked it's HDMI3 being used (arc) and even buying another ARC->optical audio box - to no avail.  I think it’s the Octava box splitting HDMI to optical audio. As the new TV is “eARC” is that potentially why? If there’s any recommendations of one that should work with eARC please let me know.

As mentioned, it worked perfectly with my previous setup.

Thanks again for the help,
Dan

jlous
Apprentice
Options

My mistake: My cable was connected to one of the HDMI inputs on the amp.

How silly of me.
On my amp, the cable has to be plugged into HTMI OUT  to get sound from the tv to the amp.

Stupid, but it works fine now.

0 Likes
Welly123
Apprentice
Options

Similar problem here, but sometimes it does work after a full power cycle. This is the description I have reported to Samsung:

I have a Samsung QE65Q90R connected to an Arcam AVR20 by HDMI and am having problems with ARC/eARC.

If I start with the TV powered off (unplugged), when powering on everything works OK and the TV connects to the AVR through ARC (eARC seems to do nothing as the digital audio options remain inaccessible apart from DD), so I know everything is correctly setup/enabled in terms of both products settings.

However, after waking from sleep, the TV fails to connect through ARC until it is powered off (unplugged) for ~5 minutes, when powered on again everything works fine until going to sleep when it all fails upon waking. The Arcam does not have to be power cycled and wakes from sleep with no issues.

At times (randomly), and even with nothing changing, I get a TV message saying "Your audio device is connected to a port that does not support ARC. Please connect your device to the HDMI 3 (ARC) port", even though it is connected to that port, from that point onwards ARC does not connect until a full power cycle is carried out.

rossssiro
First Poster
Options

I was facing the same issue and I found out the root cause was an HDMI splitter that I bought recently and it was connected to the normal HDMI port (not ARC). Once I disconnected this device from the TV,  everything came back to normal. No more error messages, the ARC port recognized the receiver, and the remote control is working fine with other devices.

0 Likes
erikthedm
First Poster
Options

Same!! So frustrating. Also have a Denon Amplifier. Think the Hdmi-Cec commands got all screwed up and both devices act strange now when theyre connected to different TV's or sound bars

0 Likes
Welly123
Apprentice
Options

I have no other devices connected to the One connect box, just the Arcam on the ARC port and have tried disconnecting everything apart from TV in the Arcam (ARC port), same issue remains.

0 Likes