Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARC problem

(Topic created on: 10-02-2022 12:45 AM)
DanielUK
Student
Options

Hi all. I hope you can help please.

I have just replaced my old Philips 55PUS6401 TV with a new Samsung QE65Q70AATXXU 65 Inch QLED 4K Ultra HD Smart TV.

The TV is all set up and working fine on FreeSat, but I have a problem with sound output.

Previously, I used a HDMI ARC port from the TV to my Denon AVR which worked perfectly. With Samsung, I get an error saying "Your audio device is connected to a port that does not support ARC. Please connect your device to the HDMI 3 (ARC) port."

The same cable is in HDMI 3, and in settings on the Samsung TV - in Sound, Expert settings - 'HDMIe-ARC Mode' is Auto, as well as 'Digital Output Adio for...' Auto.

In terms of setup I have a HDMI cable in the TV as mentioned. This then goes to this small box which has an optical audio cable from it which then goes into the optical TV audio port on the AVR: 
HD11-ARC - The Media Factory

I also tried bypassing the above box conveying HDMI to optical audio and followed these instructions: Playing TV Audio Through the AV Receiver

Enabled the above setting. Switched my projector HDMI to MONITOR 2, plugged the HDMI from TV into MONITOR 1 (ARC). Enabled all settings - same error on the TV.

Any ideas!?

Thanks for your help,
Dan

42 REPLIES 42
samwit
Journeyman
Options

Same problem here. QN91B and LG LAS450h soundbar - after initial connection it worked flawlessly. Now, EVERY DAY, i Have "Your audio device is connected to a port that does not support ARC. Please connect your device to the HDMI 3 (ARC) port." (in polish). Of course it is all connected as it should, but it sometimes do work (after few minutes), and sometimes it does not. What a *****!

0 Likes
Tradcli
First Poster
Options

I solved it on my setup.  I stopped the cable box from controlling the setup by physically removed the cec pin from its hdmi cable.  And the problem is gone.(pin 13) 

0 Likes
Tradcli
First Poster
Options

I solved it on my setup.  I stopped the cable box from controlling the setup by physically removed the cec pin from its hdmi cable.  And the problem is gone.(pin 13) 

0 Likes