Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARC problem

(Topic created on: 10-02-2022 12:45 AM)
DanielUK
Student
Options

Hi all. I hope you can help please.

I have just replaced my old Philips 55PUS6401 TV with a new Samsung QE65Q70AATXXU 65 Inch QLED 4K Ultra HD Smart TV.

The TV is all set up and working fine on FreeSat, but I have a problem with sound output.

Previously, I used a HDMI ARC port from the TV to my Denon AVR which worked perfectly. With Samsung, I get an error saying "Your audio device is connected to a port that does not support ARC. Please connect your device to the HDMI 3 (ARC) port."

The same cable is in HDMI 3, and in settings on the Samsung TV - in Sound, Expert settings - 'HDMIe-ARC Mode' is Auto, as well as 'Digital Output Adio for...' Auto.

In terms of setup I have a HDMI cable in the TV as mentioned. This then goes to this small box which has an optical audio cable from it which then goes into the optical TV audio port on the AVR: 
HD11-ARC - The Media Factory

I also tried bypassing the above box conveying HDMI to optical audio and followed these instructions: Playing TV Audio Through the AV Receiver

Enabled the above setting. Switched my projector HDMI to MONITOR 2, plugged the HDMI from TV into MONITOR 1 (ARC). Enabled all settings - same error on the TV.

Any ideas!?

Thanks for your help,
Dan

42 REPLIES 42
Titanunleashed
First Poster
Options

Try enabling Dobly Atmos compatibility in sound settings. Worked for me.

0 Likes
PeterD86
Apprentice
Options

Well i cant enable it, because my bose tv speaker doesnt support dolby atmos

0 Likes
Henke1
First Poster
Options

Okay, I thought I had a solution (just unplug the power from all devices). It is merely a workaround as the issue usually comes back frequently, like twice a year. Now it comes once a week. Sad to see that a Samsung soundbar lacks compatibility with a Samsung TV, and Samsung seems to have no fucks to give when it comes to this. It is just...a shame... I guess it is more fun to invest in new products.

0 Likes
tamaleboy
First Poster
Options

Hey folks, I had encountered the same issue "Your audio device is connected to a port that does not support ARC. Please connect your device to the HDMI 3 (ARC) port." after coming home and the cat had knocked the TV power off. I tried the suggested of unplugging things, just plugging in the eArc cable, did not work. I tried a cable test on the self diagnosis and it suggested that the cable was bad. I changed the HDMI cable and the issue was fixed! So, I guess for me it turned out my cable was bunk. 

0 Likes
Henke1
First Poster
Options

Thanks, but I have of course tried that too. It works for some time, but then the issue is back. It is not the cable, I think you are more or less doing what I normally do. You reset with a new cable, where I pull the power plug.

0 Likes
Aayala
First Poster
Options

Hello I fix this problem on my Q80a on the service menu changing the av path , there are two options and it was original marked ABCD and I set DCBA and the problem was fixed

0 Likes
Tradcli
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue with a tu9010 tv and a hw q930c soundbar.  The problem was indeed the samsung cable box.  You need to put a hdmi  cec block between the cable box and the tv and the problem goes away.  The cec block simply omits the hdmi pin 13 which carries the cec signal.  If you are careful, you can simply remove the pin 13 from one end of a cable and save the cost of the $15 block device.  The only downside is the tv remote does not change channels on the cable box, but we never used that anyways.  Since i removed the pin 13 the hdmi earc has been flawless.

0 Likes
PeterD86
Apprentice
Options

I added a cec blocker to the hdmi cable, but now the soundbar isnt recognized as an eArc device anymore..

0 Likes
Parky74
First Poster
Options
Hi. I've had my Samasung 65" QLED TV for around 3 years and it's connected to a JBL 9.1 soundbar through the HDMI ARC. For several months, I've been seeing the error message on the TV about it not being plugged into the correct ARC HDMI, even though it is, and yesterday, the sound to the soundbar stopped. HDMI option on the sound output on the TV only appears for a few seconds and then vanishes, leaving only TV speaker and Optical as options. Has anyone found a fix for this issue yet?
0 Likes
efex2000
First Poster
Options

Same problem for me. I have QN90b samsung tv. But my Denon AVR cant detect hdmi port 3 as ARC.

too many people encounter with this problem and Samsung do nothing. Stupid brand…

0 Likes