Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Apple TV subtitles or closed caption not available

(Topic created on: 10-12-2019 04:23 PM)
MA63
Student
Options

I cannot find where to turn on subtitles / closed capture / cc on the Apple TV app streaming content which has the cc label and a list of available languages. 
Is this not yet available in the app or has anyone figured out where the setting is?

on the Apple TV you press the remote centre button for a bit longer then just pausing the film and a menu with film chapters and language choices pop up, however I've not found anything similar on the Apple TV app on Samsung Smart TV. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options
@MA63: On the Apple TV support page it mentions the following steps. Can you give them a try to see if this helps?
1. While watching a video in the Apple TV app, click the down arrow on your TV remote. Some manufacturers might use different buttons.
2. Go to the Subtitles or Audio menu.
3. Choose one of the language or subtitle options that you want to use.
If you don't see an option for SDH, or to turn on CC or SDH by default, go to Settings > Accessibility > Subtitles and Captioning. Choose "Closed Captions and SDH" to turn it on. If you want to customize captions and subtitles, choose Style, then choose from the options.

It also references a speech bubble symbol, usually located in the bottom right corner, which, if available, can be used to access subtitle options. Let me know how you get on.

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
AndrewL
Options
@MA63: On the Apple TV support page it mentions the following steps. Can you give them a try to see if this helps?
1. While watching a video in the Apple TV app, click the down arrow on your TV remote. Some manufacturers might use different buttons.
2. Go to the Subtitles or Audio menu.
3. Choose one of the language or subtitle options that you want to use.
If you don't see an option for SDH, or to turn on CC or SDH by default, go to Settings > Accessibility > Subtitles and Captioning. Choose "Closed Captions and SDH" to turn it on. If you want to customize captions and subtitles, choose Style, then choose from the options.

It also references a speech bubble symbol, usually located in the bottom right corner, which, if available, can be used to access subtitle options. Let me know how you get on.
MA63
Student
Options
Thank you! It works with the arrow down button.
harlieezgur
First Poster
Options

I can get closed captioning on my Apple TV streamer but not on my smart tv (unless I use the Apple streamer) ???

0 Likes