Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All4 not working

(Topic created on: 14-02-2021 07:22 PM)
Alib200
First Poster
Options

All4 has stopped working on Friday. I get to choose a programme but then goes blank. It was working fine until Friday. Tried reinstalling, logging out and in, nothing. Any suggestions please?

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23
Maz58
Apprentice
Options

Hi have you had any luck reconnecting? Been watching All4 catch up for many many months and every night for weeks. Working fine last night. We pay for add free . Put on tonight and the usual message after the add .....try later. Works fine on Android app. We've re set hub. Signed in and out.  Done all the suggestions. All works on Samsung Q9 2019  TV except All4.  Seems nothing more I can do. 

0 Likes
Maz58
Apprentice
Options

We've done all the suggested checks. Everything also up to date but after many months and the last two weeks watching a drama on All4 there is the usual ad then the usual message. Works on Android phone app. May have to scan to TV to watch but surely it cant suddenly stop ! 

0 Likes
Alib200
First Poster
Options

I ended up watching it through Now Tv. I’d forgotten we had a box. It was only Married at first sight which wouldn’t work when I was right in the middle of it!! 😂. Still don't use the All4 ap on the Tele as it’s a bit temperamental. 

0 Likes
Maz58
Apprentice
Options

Thank you so much for your reply. I found All4 don't allow casting but we remembered we had an App on the Blu ray so we were able to watch a few more episodes of the drama.  Before switching off for the night we tried All4 on the TV and it's working now! Must be just unreliable as you say! Thanks again.

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Well there is, buy a Chromecast and cast to it from your Android app. It's what I do with my even older Samsung TV
0 Likes
Maz58
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I've got Chromecast but wouldn't stream message was All4 doesn't stream to 3rd parties, something like that.  Thanks for reply. 

0 Likes
Bandit
Apprentice
Options

We have tried everything that has been suggested, but cannot get All4 on our Samsung Tv, we have now purchased a fire stick on which we can watch All4.Really annoyed that this issue has still not been sorted.

0 Likes
Maz58
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the reply Bandit.  The Firestick was going to be our next try until we came up with using the App on the Bluray.  Don't quote me, but I don't think the programmes are in HD when watching via these other apps.  As mentioned, to our amazement All4 was back working via Samsung when we tried it before going to bed! Haven't checked back since.  It's unbelievable in this day and age to have all these issues and spend hours trying to rectify them, particularly when they suddenly come out of the blue too.  It's obvious that the problem doesn't lie with our set ups.  As always the customer is second best!

antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Very odd, I am watching All4 over Chromecast now. Do you even get the Chromecast icon inside the All4 app?
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
To be fair it's on Channel 4 as much as Samsung. If they don't tell Samsung when DRM updates are necessary for the TV to continue accessing All4 programs there's nothing Samsung can do about it. Samsung then not releasing app or firmware updates for older devices will be the final nail in the coffin for any streaming app.