Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All of my favorited art has disappeared

(Topic created on: 04-05-2023 06:26 PM)
erinh
First Poster
Options

A couple days ago, I turned off my TV and noticed it switched to some of the stock art that comes with the TV. I'm an Art Store subscriber, so I went to reselect something from my favorites album and saw that all my selections were gone. I think the one I had displayed most recently may have actually been removed from the art store, which might've caused the problem. But at least some of the others are still available in the store but no longer appear in my favorites or recents.  How do I get them back?

57 REPLIES 57
Sunshine 33914
Explorer
Options

I am on my 5Th call with Samsung. No one wants to help. They said they were going to escalate the call, and get back to me, no one ever did. This time, she said there no notes indicating a call back or escalation. This is a software problem and no one will help me get there to speak to anyone. WHY are there so many people dealing with this and Samsung is silent on the issue. 

0 Likes
Sunshine 33914
Explorer
Options

UPDATE! I created a different account and confirmed that the artwork that is shown, is the UNPAID version. I know this, because I then purchased the Art Subscription - and received the same result. So, this is a software issue on Samsungs end. - please be sure to keep your eye out for updates. 

Karen676
Apprentice
Options

So glad you are sticking with this and following up.  I spent about 2 hours on the phone with tech people last July and then just gave up!  It seemed to coincide with a notice that you could no longer acquire art through purchase effective July 1st, 2023 (which I wasn't doing but did have an extensive favorites file).   My favorite file suddenly disappeared, it was like I was a new customer, and all the categories for searching art had changed.  I got NO answers and just a run around.  I was told to set up a new account and this would likely solve the problem.  Made no sense and I didn't do it.

0 Likes
Quirius
Apprentice
Options

Update on my issue is that now I can assign all art to the tv. No errors. So the art that was missing from my tv is back and usable again. Hope every else’s issues will resolve as well. 

0 Likes
Sunshine 33914
Explorer
Options

I updated below. Did you update? How were you able to recover?

I Emailed corporate office and all they did was refund the 50 bucks for the subscription. Basically, the paid version is not working. I created another account, verified the standard artwork account, then purchased the art store again - same artwork was there. No upgrades and no additional art. So, the paid membership is only giving me the unpaid membership. So far, Samsung has not been able to help me with this issue at all. All my saved artwork is still gone etc. And, I didn’t have the app at the time like someone specified below, saying they could see their artwork in the app, but not on the tv.

0 Likes
Sunshine 33914
Explorer
Options

Real quick, basically Samsung just refunded me the 50 bucks for the membership. I emailed Corp office, they won’t answer why the paid subscription is not working. 

0 Likes
Sunshine 33914
Explorer
Options

UPDATE: still waiting for a reply on why the paid membership is the same art as the unpaid version. Email said they were escalating the isssue. 

0 Likes
Ss1215
Explorer
Options

It looks like they broke the soft ware probably for financial reasons.  All my personal favorites are gone and no way of adding them back since the heart button is now gone........except on the paid art work or complementary art work.  This is soooo wrong.   I loved this TV up until now!     I hear roku pro is coming out with a TV line that will allow art to be shown like the frame.    I cannot recommend this TV to friends anymore for displaying personal photos.

HellRot
Journeyman
Options

I agree.  But if they can remove options, they can return/add them again.   I plan to phone customer service and complain until the cows come home.  This is bait and switch.  In fact we owned the older model and the personal photo option were better and more easy to manipulate in that more matting styles were available and the download and selection process was easier.  

HellRot
Journeyman
Options

I have a similar issue.  The format for personal photos/art has  suddenly changed.  No more favoriting photos.  I believe we all need to phone customer service and complain.  This is my  second Frame TV.  The options for personal art have been reduced, rather than enhanced!  I would have expected more matt colors and options - after all this costs them nothing.  And recently the "favorites" option  for personal photos/art has been removed and my entire favorites collection deleted -  unbelievably frustrating.  Are they encouraging "Art" subscriptions by messing with the personal art options?  How so, then?  I believe they are losing future customers. This and the fact that our first Frame TV only lasted two years has broken this loyal customer.  OK  so let's call customer service.  If they can taketh away, they can giveth back! But only if we insist.