Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung TV Plus Channels Go Missing

(Topic created on: 30-01-2024 11:51 PM)
insolution
Apprentice
Options

Yet AGAIN the Samsung TV Plus channels have disappeared overnight from my Channel Favorites list.

This has happened multiple times. This issue has been repeatedly reported here, on social media, and to Samsung Support. No fix has been offered. Resetting the TV or re-addding the channels works--until it happens again.

I am Fed Up.

SAMSUNG SUPPORT, FIX THIS ***** ISSUE. YOUR SOFTWARE SUCKS. YOUR TV INTERFACE SUCKS. YOUR SUPPORT SUCKS.

7 REPLIES 7
insolution
Apprentice
Options

It's the NEXT DAY and the channels have disappeared again. Absolutely infuriating.

If you're having the same issue, please reply here. The more reports, the faster it'll get fixed.

CU7000TvOwner
First Poster
Options

Over the past 2 months, weekly, deleted Samsung TV plus channels, show up again. This week the S+ TV app disappeared. The cold boot, worked that is unplug TV for about a minute. But I had to then delete unwanted channels again. OTA channels over the air are not affected. In my opinion this is a problem with their Smart Hub software and or a recent firmware update 1310.3. I can undo an update. TV picture and sound work great, but the quirky software that randomly acts, is very frustrating. The community forum has helped, but Samsung tech support is less than useful, in that it wasted many hours of my time.

0 Likes
CnA6695181
First Poster
Options

The problem is the latest upgrade 1310.3.

SAMSUNG should revert back to previous "working" version.

What is taking so long. 

0 Likes
CnA6695181
First Poster
Options

The problem is with the current update " 1310.1".

Samsung get your act together.

0 Likes
CnA6695181
First Poster
Options

I agree. Samsung should revert bach to prior version.

What is taking so long ?

0 Likes
CU7000TvOwner
First Poster
Options

Yes thanks for your reply, and confirming my theory that is the firmware update 1310.3 that is the likely cause. The deleted S+ TV channels re-emerge anywhere from 2 days to up to 2 weeks. That is  the only issue with the TV which has a very good picture, good audio with an external amp and many other good features. I use an older OEM remote which has more buttons then the one they supplied with my CU7000.

I have read up on the hidden Service Menu as a possible way to un-do the buggy software. It has a lot of detailed options, but is not friendly and if a mistake happened, can result in non booting TV. Repeated contact with Samsung tech support has not been helpful and they have no clue that the update is bad. In fact they push and push for updates. I wish I had NOT done the update and now I read reviews FIRST about the updates. Thanks.

0 Likes
CU7000TvOwner
First Poster
Options

The problem I have with the Samsung TV plus channels is that the deleted ones re-appear anywhere from 2 days to 2 week intervals. OTA channels are not affected. In 2 1/2 months of owning model CU7000 50" TV I have had to RE DELETE the unwanted S+ channels approx 10 or more times. I have done factory resets, cold boot and one EEPROM reset (power off button on tv for 5 secs then same on remote). It did clear some of the storage down to 1.5 gb used from 2.5 gb used out of 4gb. But then the S_ channels issue returned. FRUSTRATING. !

0 Likes