Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

32” TV UE32N5300AK Wall mount issue

(Topic created on: 14-03-2023 04:49 PM)
NeilS1
Apprentice
Options

Never had a seemingly small problem so difficult to solve. I have this model TV (UE32N5300AK) which has 4 holes located at the back for fitting to a VESA wall mount with 100x100mm plate. These recesses, which the screws are supposed to screw into, however, are completely smooth; no thread in them whatsoever - so it will not take any screw of any variety. I have spoken to Samsung on more than one occasion; trying to get someone to understand the problem has been an issue in itself. Finally when someone did seem to grasp the problem, they sent me spacers which do not fit the holes, nor solve the problem for the missing thread. 

I've spoken to various retailers who haven't been able to help either. The only sensible suggestions are that either 1: there is a threaded hole at the bottom of the recess, which I cannot see, that accepts a far narrower bolt than the initial hole suggests, or 2: the product has been defectively manufactured and needs to be returned. 

Worse still, there is absolutely no guidance in the user manual to set you on the right path. 

Has anyone been able to successfully mount this TV, and if so, what gauge/length bolts did you use, and what is the purpose of that threadless hole?

Many thanks...

23 REPLIES 23
Solution
Members_jwwfnL3
First Poster
Options

I have exact same size and model of TV the threads for the screws are really deep the size of vesa screws are definitely  M4. 26-28 you can buy them on ebay for about £4 the set they fit perfectly. 

0 Likes
ann4evalooking4bolts
First Poster
Options
I found some that fit out of my old kitchen cabinet handles, trial and error there is a thread deep in the recess for the 32t4300
0 Likes
Rikster
First Poster
Options

Lord knows why it’s like this, I shelled out for a 32” qled got it and instructions stated 19-22 mm m4 - I have a bag of all the left over bolts from half a dozen tv brackets bought over the years, so found a 20mm m4 which fell into the hole flush with the surface! Got onto a chat with an operator, and despite the original post being 3 years ago, when I mentioned there were no threads in the VESA mount holes the bot chap just said to use the 20mm m4 which I’d already stated never touched the sides. So we assumed manufacturing fault and sent it back - their loss! However- I went to curry’s same day and bought a cheap JVC - it was so bad I returned it 2 days later when the power button on the remote decided to identify as a mute button. Ended up with another Samsung form Argos the t5300 - imagine my joy when the quick start said 28mm m4 yet there was no thread! Started to get suspicious the holes were a little bigger, and I could see at the bottom there was a nut embedded in the end of each hole, tried a few VESA screws and it seems a 40 or 45 mm m3 was the answer! Really miffed I sent the qled back and wasted a week but t5300 was near half the price and is a nice telly, why they can’t update the specs to get the right screw size (or for 20p supply he ***** things) is utterly beyond me- plus it seems such a common problem tell the support bots at least (seems they just read the erroneous manual). 

0 Likes
Members_WTPZ12R
First Poster
Options

I'm having exactly the same problem with a UE32T4300AEXXU that I bought last week. Went into the store at Stockton yesterday to ask for advice and was given a load of ******** from one of the sales people. He said just use an M8 screw as the holes do have a vey fine thread inside. I have some M8 screws and tried this but the screws just fell out. I refuse to give up with this purely because I'm stubborn and I'm still working on a solution. I would urge other buyers not to waste their time, money and effort on a solution, just return the goods as unsuitable. Its a shame as I've always favored Samsung TVs but not prepared to put up with the ******** from Curry's staff anymore.

0 Likes