Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service Nightmare

(Topic created on: 4 weeks ago)
Customer Service
First Poster
Options

I spent 3 hours on the phone with Samsung Customer Service trying to get support for my TV that I purchased 8 months ago, which suddenly stopped working. Despite my warranty being valid, they initially refused to help, claiming that because Costco bought the TV over a year ago, it was out of warranty. After an intense call filled with frustration, they finally agreed to send a technician.

When the tech arrived, he stripped  the screws holding the mount to the TV. He called his office for guidance and was told that because the TV is in a screened-in porch and a TV cabinet, it's not covered under warranty. I explained that the TV is protected by an enclosed cabinet when not in use, but they didn’t care. I even mentioned that the customer service agent I spoke to earlier thought it was cool to have the TV in my screened-in porch and never mentioned it would be an issue.  There are literally pictures of where my TV is located in my file at Samsung.  It's not in the elements, it's in a very large screened in porch and it's in an enclosed cabinet.  

The agent said I needed to purchase an outside TV.  I said I own a bar and we have 4 outside TVs, I'm very familiar with them, that is why I knew we didn't need one in my screened in porch!

Now, 45 minutes into another call with Samsung, they are telling me the TV is still not under warranty and that I need to deal with the company they contracted to fix it regarding the broken screws.  That's right, now I have to call their contracted repair company to get them to fix the screws that they broke!  This experience has been incredibly frustrating and disappointing.  

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Double check your Samsung Warranty to see if any exclusions exist about not using it in an environment it's manufactured to be used in @Customer Service  

In the UK it's the merchant that applies the warranty. i.e the business it was purchased directly from i.e Costco.

This maybe different for varying regions however. 

If i can be of any further help please don't hesitate to ask  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

AntS
Options

Cheers BandOfBrothers!

@Customer Service  , Which model TV is it? And which country are you based in?

0 Likes
Customer Service
First Poster
Options

Of the nine people I talked to over the last three days, 3 of them said they would send me the Samsung Warranty, but of course not one of them sent it to me.  Also, 2 agents said they would have their supervisor call me back, which of course never happened.  The last agent I talked to said he would have their supervisor call and I said "they never call back, so I will wait".  He just hung up on me.  It's obvious that Samsung has made a decision that it's much more cost effective to do everything in their power to deny any type of repairs and it's become my job to overcome every one of their objections to get someone to fix their TV. 

0 Likes
Customer Service
First Poster
Options

I'm in the US and the model is UN70TU700DB.

0 Likes