Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 82" QLED firmware 1401 update now has surround sound issues HELP!

(Topic created on: 25-08-2022 12:45 PM)
Foz
Apprentice
Options

Since my QE82Q70RAT received 1401 update a few days ago my Samsung HT-BD 1255 no longer works with the TV, I select receiver in sound settings but it switches back to TV speakers as i come out of the menu. Is this a bug? Has worked fine until this update, very disappointed that firmware gets released without fully testing.

What can i do to resolve this?

122 REPLIES 122
DAM8160
Student
Options

Same issue with WN75Q7 model. I was able to reset the TV earlier today and it worked until it was turned off this evening. Very Frustrating. 

0 Likes
DAM8160
Student
Options

QN75Q7

0 Likes
Andy Mc
First Poster
Options

Have exactly the same issue.  Did a factory reset of the tv last night which temporarily solved the problem however this morning things have reverted back.  Currently unable to use my Sonos soundbar which was working perfectly previously.  

Pretty poor practice from Samsung to not do a basic regression test of existing firmware functionality prior to releasing their update.  Should be a basic one to fix and push an update put quickly. Hopefully Samsung view this forum and take customer opinion onboard.  Always been a Samsung tv customer but considering alternatives for my next tv now. This is basic!!!

0 Likes
Martorias
Explorer
Options

I doubt they read all this, and if they do they don't care. This issue is over a year old and so far they only came out with a pre-release of a new firmware that doesn't fix it. 

0 Likes
Fairshare
Apprentice
Options

It used to be an issue with game consoles alone for me -Xbox in particular, but now I also need to restart the TV after switching to my Apple TV. This is really frustrating.

0 Likes
Martorias
Explorer
Options

Yeah it seems to be something related to hdmi handshake when switching to HDR. If I don't use hdr on my xbox it works, but yeah.. 

0 Likes
rikob1
Explorer
Options

New firmware 1406.4 is out How to upgrade as I installed 1409 half a year ago !!!???

0 Likes
Noise_Maker
Explorer
Options

Samsung support which is useless, replied that you should not do this 1409 update if it was not offered by your country or your TV. I have rarely seen such poor after-sales service in my life. 

I even think that they purposely tinkered with the version.

rikob1
Explorer
Options
The moderator here in the thread offered 1409 as a fix for all of us who have a problem with 1401. Now the support says completely different!!! I just have no words!
0 Likes
HelpMeKoreanTVMFR
Journeyman
Options

Just as a reminder as I posted over year ago...sadly.  My work around is to plug the soundbar into HDMI 3.  Everything works just fine.  The only minor issue is I get a message in the upper right corner when I turn the TV on indicating the soundbar is not plug into the ARC HDMI 4...I can hit OK or ignore the message and it will go away in a few seconds.  If you have multi peripherals I don't know your solution, but in my case as I'm stuck on 1401 with just a soundbar...everything is OK except that it shouldn't work that way...Digressing...Samsung electronics used to be great but when they got out of their wheelhouse and into appliances...which they also suck at, the electronics started to suffer.  Don't get me started as every appliance in my home  is also Samsung. 

0 Likes