Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 82" QLED firmware 1401 update now has surround sound issues HELP!

(Topic created on: 25-08-2022 12:45 PM)
Foz
Apprentice
Options

Since my QE82Q70RAT received 1401 update a few days ago my Samsung HT-BD 1255 no longer works with the TV, I select receiver in sound settings but it switches back to TV speakers as i come out of the menu. Is this a bug? Has worked fine until this update, very disappointed that firmware gets released without fully testing.

What can i do to resolve this?

122 REPLIES 122
gio424
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issue with my Q90R. To make it worse, the volume keeps turning up on its own until it gets to 100. No way to bring it down. This is with the tv sounds as well as sound bar. Unfortunately, there does not appear to be a way to downgrade the firmware. This update has rendered my tv useless.

Kvykev
First Poster
Options

Seems like something happened with ARC after the 1401 update.  I have my xbox series x plugged into HDMI 3 and my receiver plugged into ARC HDMI 4.  On first TV power on system sounds work.  After I go into netflix and go out I lose xbox system sounds and apps like youtube.  If I do a factory reset on TV or power off TV and back all sounds work until I go into netflix.  I’m sure its not just netflix but any streaming app using full surround.  So it seems like when the TV is switching audio signals ARC locks.  Please help as this is very frustrating powering off TV after I go into a streaming app.

ez405
Apprentice
Options

Same issue here on xbox series x, a 2019 RU8000 tv and Q60HT soundbar.

Games and apps will only have sound if they're the first one opened. Swapping to another will have no sound and the "Dolby Digital" option in the tv settings will not be selectable when this happens, only PCM. 

Turning off everything is the only way to get sound back. 

1401 firmware broke ARC and it needs to be fixed. I'd down rev to 1391 if I could, never had a problem there.  

Justin Green
Explorer
Options

Yep happened to me as well qled 65 inch. Worked for 2 years then update.

2019 QLED TVs and RU series - August update to 1401

leifz
First Poster
Options

I have a similar problem, TV 2019 55" The Frame 4K and the B&O Beosound Stage.
The TV was updated yesterday to version 1401.
I did a factory reset of the TV, but it did not help.

Justin Green
Explorer
Options

Yep did factory reset too nada. Called in and the poor phone agent didn’t have a clue how to handle or capture a bug report either 

Members_vyH6k5A
Student
Options

Same here. Keeps loosing the sound to my cable box from QE65R950 Samsung TV. Have to unplug completely to restore the sound, does not appear anything from Samsung has been said as yet???????????????, Have checked the HDMI settings and cannot see anything has changed specifically.

0 Likes
Dobiegang
First Poster
Options

I got one better. But this has been happening for about 7 months:

every random moment I’ll lose all picture on q90R and get a pop up saying replace your hDMI cables with component cables to view this, title says not authorized. I run a q90r with mini genie 4K to a Denon avr 4700h. also when watching Netflix and it’s in Dolby Atmos on my denon it won’t show just Dolby Atmos like when viewing on vudu it will say just Dolby Atmos. I don’t recall seeing in q90r settings this EARC setting hDMI EARC mode. Help

0 Likes
Skywallker
Explorer
Options

Same here at cheap AF UE43RU7102K model. Just for clearance, I've been using my SMTV for a while with Sony AMP, and it worked like a charm. Yesterday, I've suddenly lost felt, that I've lost surround sound from my PC, and AMP was showing MUTING. Just as OP, and others before, my TV keeps changing it's output to its internal, which drives me nuts. Just after ~0.5h of me fighting with this situation, a wild pop-up appears "Your ... has been updated ... 1401", and I know I'm fu*%#d

It would be fine if I could uncheck Anynet+, and keep just pass-through, but as an SM flagship phone user it seems, that this company cares less and less about software, since they release a software, that breaks basic TV functionalities (and for phones it happens more often than you think), so neither this will help since it disables (for my case) HDMI output option on TV (tried every option).

It seems this should end mass reports of errors, spam on forum and hope that SM shall respond to our prays. Honestly - one or two weeks when I will need to re-plug my HDMI between eARC and no-eARC output, and I'm heading to the shop to buy something having at least WORKING (I mean Android) operating system.