Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Tab Unable to log into Google Account

(Topic created on: 31-01-2022 06:45 PM)
RobCharles1981
Journeyman
Options

Hi everyone - I sold a Samsung Galaxy Tab to a client.

And she tells me she can't log into her google account where she enters her correct details any idea what is going on here?

0 Likes
42 REPLIES 42
RobCharles1981
Journeyman
Options

IMG-20220131-WA0000.jpgIMG-20220131-WA0001.jpg

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The second screen is what shows up when the original account has not been removed. The original user's credentials are necessary to open that device then the account should be removed and the device reset to make it more than just a paperweight for the new owner.
0 Likes
RobCharles1981
Journeyman
Options

Yes but I asked her to go into the account management to see if there are any other other accounts there  - its just blank!

Further more - the device is not linked to my account as I checked with my google account.

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The fact there is no account showing means nothing. Samsung devices have factory reset protection which is designed to prevent stolen phones from being wiped and used by the thief.
I'm not the first to give this answer which you don't seem to want to accept. There are very knowledgeable people here, you came here to benefit from their knowledge then question it. You have been given the solution, there's nothing to add that would be constructive.
0 Likes
RobCharles1981
Journeyman
Options

Right......

So what do I do to remove the account and where to find this? 

Bearing in mind the client has checked her end and sees nothing?

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Simply use the correct log in info to open the device which should then pre populate your account details then go to settings, accounts and remove the Google Account.

0 Likes
RobCharles1981
Journeyman
Options

But the point is - is that there are no google accounts on the device - she already told me!

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Log in using your details and it will appear. https://www.samsung.com/nz/support/mobile-devices/what-is-google-frp/
0 Likes
RobCharles1981
Journeyman
Options

As I said before the Tablet in Question is NOT linked to my account!

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Please log in to the tablet using your credentials after resetting the device. I know you can't get your head around it but the tablet is still associated with your device until you follow these steps.