Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Tab Unable to log into Google Account

(Topic created on: 31-01-2022 06:45 PM)
RobCharles1981
Journeyman
Options

Hi everyone - I sold a Samsung Galaxy Tab to a client.

And she tells me she can't log into her google account where she enters her correct details any idea what is going on here?

0 Likes
42 REPLIES 42
RobCharles1981
Journeyman
Options

Upon Speaking with a Phone Repair Place, the device needs a re-wipe and reset to factory condition as this should solve the issue.

I've sent the seller an email explaining this.

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I give up, resetting it without carrying out the above steps won't work.
WelshTony1
Apprentice
Options
As a buyer I wouldn't be happy if I had to take my new tablet to a shop to be fixed.

I just hope the shop doesn't brick the device.

As I told you on Discord, this is a Google security thing, nothing to do with Samsung and it requires you to log into the device itself to remove your account.
I can see you having to refund the buyer and having a bricked device at this rate.
Just ask them to send it back to you to reset it properly then send it back.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Shwmai I am not surprised this has been asked elsewhere. There is so much resistance from the OP. Why ask for advice if you are not going to use it?
Anyway, I've given up trying to help. Thanks for your contribution 👍
0 Likes
WelshTony1
Apprentice
Options
I been doing research to see if there was another way to sort it and found this thread.
Yep same. I just hope the device doesn't become bricked
0 Likes
RobCharles1981
Journeyman
Options

I offered the seller on that scenario and they are just dumb enough in going to a phone repair place to have sorted.

0 Likes
WelshTony1
Apprentice
Options
If you offered and they refused there isn't any more you can do
0 Likes
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
The Google account protection comes up during the first stages of set up, it will show the previous owners email (usually with some *** for data protection) and ask to enter their details. If unknown, the device can not go through the full set up process. The fact that it seems the new owner has managed to set up the device successfully as the first picture shows accounts and sync from settings, I don't think this is a case of Google account protection here.
0 Likes
RobCharles1981
Journeyman
Options

An Update - the chap took it to a phone shop for it to be looked at - they claim they can't do anything more with it so will get it back and see what is what.

0 Likes
RobCharles1981
Journeyman
Options

I'm in contact with Paypal to get a refund on this case - Ebay seller came back to me - obviously not a clue on what  she is talking about.

"I am also very cross with this case, it seems to me you didn’t check it was comparable with your needs which was to install Google apps, I never once described the device as being google apps compatible, Samsung has its own galaxy App Store. The device was as described, in perfect condition and perfect working order. I reset the device to factory settings prior to sending it to you therefor it was like opening a new device from the box… no memory of prior data stored. I am aware you did open a case against me which I tried to respond to but couldn’t manage to upload files as they were to large and I couldn’t find a way to compress them due to using an iPad which I’m very upset about. If you had done your research before buying we wouldn’t both be dealing with stress over this issue"

0 Likes