Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Tab Unable to log into Google Account

(Topic created on: 31-01-2022 06:45 PM)
RobCharles1981
Journeyman
Options

Hi everyone - I sold a Samsung Galaxy Tab to a client.

And she tells me she can't log into her google account where she enters her correct details any idea what is going on here?

0 Likes
42 REPLIES 42
AOM_SA
Student
Options

Thank you very much , this was really useful. I used the original user login and could access the device. No other account would login.

I still cant add another account to the device though.

I think I have answered as you have said before, it is linked to the users you did not remove before you reset and you have to reset the pwd so as to access the device again with that ID.

The device is seen under your devices in the google account.

AOM_SA
Student
Options

Thank you , this is very useful.

I found the original user login and it connected after using 2nd factor etc.

I cant add additional users and assume this is because I never removed them either. I would have to reset each user pwd and do the same as I can see the device under my google device list.

0 Likes
gilbertthered
First Poster
Options

These old tablets do not update time and date. I could not sign into my Google account with my t-520 after a hard reset(dead battery). After configuring date and time, Google moved forward with my two step factor and signed in.

0 Likes
bitbend
First Poster
Options

Hi, I'm in a similar situation like OP's (excuse my bad english).

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 I haven't used in ages since the original charger got lost and I didn't bother to buy another one, I recently bought a cable and succesfully charged it (works great, the battery is extremely damaged but  everything else is intact), but I'm facing the account problem and i can't use Play Store, althought i could add a samsung account and use the Galaxy Store (which was called "Samsung Apps before i updated it), i've used all of my family's google accounts with no success.

I was wondering if there is a way to know the address of the original account so i could recover the password.

Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi, firstly, your English is impeccable. Your punctuation is way better than most Brits.
Anyway, to answer your question, I'm sorry but I don't know of a way to find out the identity of the email address used to set up the account.
gilbertthered
First Poster
Options

Was the tablet's time and date off once you were same to turn it on? If not you may need to correct it manually in the settings.

0 Likes
Adam113
First Poster
Options

Im currently facing this same exact problem. My question is if FRP was even a thing pre android 5. I read somewhere that it only got added on version 5 but i cant really recall. In the end what i really wanna know is if anyone found a solution by now and if FRP was something that existed on the older versions, since i did not get a boot screen telling me to sign in when i factory reset my phone, it just let me skip the google sign in, but then didnt let me sign in with any other account. I even tried the accounts that i was sure were the ones i used pre reset, but it just gave me an error saying it was the wrong password/ username, despite that not being the case. I will add that the main account was a yahoo one, so thats worth mentioning if its at all a factor. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Tishy
First Poster
Options
Hi, I have bought a second hand samsung a6 tablet. When trying to set Google up it's asking for email linked to it. I obviously don't know it. Should I ask for a refund?
0 Likes
jennifer 121
First Poster
Options

i had some what some what similer i had my device stollen 7 years ago  though it was not easy to use  or replace the persons account  so i factory reset it all   but then i cant even start it   it says i have to use the origanal google account dont know how to fix that  i dont want this tablet to be useless  like  how do i bypass it or get it to forget the previous  google account  sigh 

0 Likes
jennifer 121
First Poster
Options

i have similer exept it was mine from the start so how do i get rid of the theifs google account so i can have mine i mean i shouldent of reset because that dont work

sigh compleate useless it is now  

0 Likes