Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My tablet was stolen in the DPD post

(Topic created on: 16-09-2022 10:55 PM)
Bee65
Apprentice
Options
Hi,

I am writing this absolutely fuming (I have contacted Samsung but who knows when they will reply)

I ordered a Samsung Tab A8 (10.5", wifi) brand new for uni. I am a student so this was not an impulse buy. All I thought was going well, I had a nice delivery day when I knew I would be home all day. All was well. 

I get my delivery and the parcel has a box in it that is rattling. Strange I think, but the delivery van has driven away. I open the box to my shock horror find my invoice, and a stack of dpd 'sorry we missed you' type slips. No tablet in sight. No charger. No box. No manual. 

It was stolen in transit. 

Why do I think it was stolen rather than lost?
1. My (torn) invoice was there meaning the Samsung warehouse would have put it in with the tablet. If the tablet package was lost, so would the invoice be. 
2. The entire tablet box was missing and replaced with a scruffy cardboard box in the packaging that was addressed with my name and address and sealed. If the tablet package was lost in the post why would they reseal the packaging with my address on it and send an empty box to me. 
3. The dpd 'sorry we missed you' pamphlets were inside the cardboard box as if placed there to mask the weight. 

I am absolutely fuming. You'd expect Samsung a reputable brand to entrust a suitable deliverer with costly items. Whilst my tablet isn't expensive, it isn't cheap. What is worse, is that they had the nerve to deliver me a box full of pamphlets to my actual address inside the packaging that my tablet was actually supposed to be. 

Knowing customer services, Samsung will be very difficult in giving me a refund or sending me my actual tablet because capitalism... 

Beware. 

Edit 1: I'm going to call the non-emergency police number tomorrow. 
13 REPLIES 13
BaronDigo
Helping Hand
Options
You need to involve the police as a start
CGriff36
Pathfinder
Options
Thats just awful.
Fantastic
Pathfinder
Options
I would.d contact samsung and tell them what has happened and they can them contact DPD over it
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I had the same with two unopened Samsung Watch4, collected via DPD only to arrive at Samsung empty opened boxes.

Samsung did not want to know, DPD the same, Barclaycard helped dispute, i thought it was in my favour 9 mths later i asked and was told no progress was made, so out of pocket.

Regards Obsydian

DAILY DEVICES
ZFold4 [Mobile], Pro5 [Watch], S8 Ultra [Tablet], Book2 i5 [Laptop], Buds Pro2 [Buds] M70A 32/43" [Monitor], Smart Tags+, iPad Mini 5 and iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets], Dell Inspiron G5 Laptop

HOUSEHOLD DEVICES
ZFlip3 [Mobile], Watch5 [Watch], S7+ [Tablet], QN95A [TV], Q900A [Soundbar], MC28M6075CSM [Microwave], Samsung Level [Speaker], Buds Pro [Buds], iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
Bee65
Apprentice
Options
Sorry to hear that on your part, I've now contacted the police and I'll contact Nationwide if Samsung doesn't get back to me within a week. It's just frustrating bc I know it's unlikely I'll get my money back.
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Sadly you are stuck and it becomes an endless circle of everyone saying not their issue.

Home you have better success than me.

Regards Obsydian
DAILY DEVICES
ZFold4 [Mobile], Pro5 [Watch], S8 Ultra [Tablet], Book2 i5 [Laptop], Buds Pro2 [Buds] M70A 32/43" [Monitor], Smart Tags+, iPad Mini 5 and iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets], Dell Inspiron G5 Laptop

HOUSEHOLD DEVICES
ZFlip3 [Mobile], Watch5 [Watch], S7+ [Tablet], QN95A [TV], Q900A [Soundbar], MC28M6075CSM [Microwave], Samsung Level [Speaker], Buds Pro [Buds], iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options
I always purchase such things with a credit card. I also record myself opening the package so nobody can dispute such claims of theft. If it ever happens to me, I'd file a claim under section 75 and provide the video as evidence to the credit card company.

It's also worth mentioning that the responsibility lies with the person who paid for the courier to deliver or collect said goods.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Bee65: I'm really sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue with your delivery. We have a process in place to deal with lost and stolen items while in transit therefore, if you haven't already done so, please reach out to our Help Desk to report the issue, and an advisor will be able to assist you further. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

0 Likes
Bee65
Apprentice
Options
They denied me my refund on the grounds that the parcel did arrive. The whole point is that the parcel arrived but the product was missing from inside of it. What do I do?
0 Likes