Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning for trade ins

(Topic created on: 05-02-2024 09:41 PM)
timmyb69
First Poster
Options
Hi

Just a warning . ..do not use samsung to trade in your old smart phone. They use an external company that will contact you once they have received your phone to try and get more money out of you.
They allege your phone will have 'screen burn' and ask for £75. 
Please go on trust pilot and read the reviews for the uk company to confirm.
The company is called MTR Group Limited
0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19
DrMips
Pathfinder
Options
I've never had a problem after 3 trade ins. They processed my recent S23U the day it arrived and said the trade in was successful.
0 Likes
DrMips
Pathfinder
Options
That's what I do (including video packaging). It's worth the small amount of time to do it just for peace of mind.
0 Likes
Nitesh95
Helping Hand
Options
Exactly that, all the proof in the world in that one video
0 Likes
UNKNOWNUSERNAME
Big Cheese
Options
Yes, but even yet ive never had a problem with using trade in.
0 Likes
Jam13
Navigator
Options
No me neither
0 Likes
Erni7
Student
Options
In my own case, I traded in Samsung Galaxy S20fe, and I am being asked to pay MTR GROUP £50. They alleged 'screen burn' and 'apps visible on default background' with pictures attached, which did not show what they alleged.
0 Likes
Members_03VPehz
First Poster
Options

I have also a major issue with this program. To the point i will never recommend or purchase samsung items again.  I purchased the latest s24 ultra and got an online value of £330 for my trade in s20.  Mondoaffariweb are the 3rd party partner who handles this in Italy. I took videos and photos of me packing my phone to prove quality, no marks scratchs etc always had protective rear and front covers. I received back a valuation of £59 with videos and comments stating my phone had a detached rear cover and poor condition.

I have obviously challenged this as i have proof of the quality but they to date do not accept my proof. Even looking at there own videos unpacking the item you can see no detached cover or any marks. Also in the photos they produced you can you discrepancies between their video and photos, dirt and dust all over the place in an unclean environment.

I can only assume this is some sort of plan to get you hooked in with a high tradein value, that clearly will not be kept even if you take photos and videos yourself to prove quality.  I have since looked at the reviews of this program and can only agree with you. I wish i had looked before i purchased this item. Lesson learned.... NEVER AGAIN.

0 Likes
Kaz52
First Poster
Options
I've recently traded in to. And had the same back stating pixel bleed and severe screen burn. I know it states in the t&c but when I sent it in it had no evidence of what they are stating is on the image. But I guess I will have pay it as I didn't take pics of the phone before it went in.
0 Likes
Kaz52
First Poster
Options
This was the email 1711274285555.jpg
0 Likes
Kaz52
First Poster
Options
If I don't pay it they will take the whole value of the trade in value they quoted I assume?
0 Likes