Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Trade In Old Phone for new

(Topic created on: 11-11-2023 04:33 PM)
Members_yG19aov
Student
Options

Hi, I'm a newbie so I hope I'm doing this right. I bought a Samsung S23 arrived today and I was quoted £150 trade in for my old phone an S10. It was stated I would get a package to return old phone but no such package wass received. Perhaps it is intended to use the box the new phone came in but there was no address label or any instructions about returning my ole phone.Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Members_yG19aov  The package for the Trade In sometimes arrives separately, not with your Device.  see some information here https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-shop/trade-in-pack-not-received/td- 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

View solution in context

Solution
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
As the excellent @JAMES4578 has rightly said....

Whenever I've done a trade in with Samsung, the packaging to return the old device has usually come a few days after the new device has been delivered.

Whilst I've never had an issue with Samsung Trade In, as long as you're opinion of your old device was reasonably accurate, they generally are ok.

I would always recommend though that you take pictures of your phone before you send it and video packaging it up. This is a "just in case" but please don't read anything negative into it.

Hope you enjoy your new toy 👌

View solution in context

5 REPLIES 5
suttyon1
Pathfinder
Options
Go to support and click on text chat (bottom right) there you can talk to an agent and ask them 😉
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Members_yG19aov  The package for the Trade In sometimes arrives separately, not with your Device.  see some information here https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-shop/trade-in-pack-not-received/td- 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Solution
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
As the excellent @JAMES4578 has rightly said....

Whenever I've done a trade in with Samsung, the packaging to return the old device has usually come a few days after the new device has been delivered.

Whilst I've never had an issue with Samsung Trade In, as long as you're opinion of your old device was reasonably accurate, they generally are ok.

I would always recommend though that you take pictures of your phone before you send it and video packaging it up. This is a "just in case" but please don't read anything negative into it.

Hope you enjoy your new toy 👌
Members_yG19aov
Student
Options

Many thanks to all for the helpful responses.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Yes it is advisable to have photographic evidence for your protection in case of any issues.   Whilst some have reported issues in the past  many customers find the process runs smoothly.

0 Likes