Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trade in Excess - Phone in Warranty

(Topic created on: 29-02-2024 05:31 PM)
DÆMO
Student
Options

Hi All,

I am after some advice. I recently bought a S24 Ultra and traded in my Fold 4.

I have now had an email from MTR saying i need to pay an excess of £150 because the hinge is faulty and does not open all the way!

This handset is still under warranty and seeing as MTR deal with samsung repairs anyway surely if there is a fault then they can fix it under warranty. The phone was absolutely MINT when i sent it and i hadn't noticed the hinge fault.

I won't be paying the £150 and samsung can have the S24 back if they insist the charge applies. 

Am i right to argue this?? Anyone have experience of similar with a phone in warranty?

Thanks

Damo

WIN_20240229_15_56_23_Pro.jpg

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I always recommend taking time and date stamped photos of every angle with screen on and off before sending my trade in phones back. Preferably with a newspaper or something like that
Also recommend paying extra for tracking and insurance
MTR can only go on the device as it gets to them. So if there's a fault not declared. Then they will report back and an excess payment will be due.

I'm not a fan of MTR as I had a set too argument with them about an old phone I had.

But unless you can prove otherwise. Like I found, you will get no where.

To be honest £150 is not bad. Would cost you a lot more to get the hinge repaired yourself. You will find it would need repairing soon anyway
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @DÆMO 

I appreciate your viewpoint on this.

When I sent back my Samsung Fold³ to trade in for the Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra they advised there was a dead pixel. 

Now I didn't notice this whatsoever. 

However the options are to pay the asked fee or Samsung will insist on the amount deducted for trade in  to be paid, or they'll remotely lock the new phone. 

To be able to send the phone back you'll need to be in your relevant cooling off period. 

Whether they'll be able to send you the traded in phone back is another matter.

If i can be of any further help please don't hesitate to ask  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

DÆMO
Student
Options
Thanks for the reply. Why would the repair cost me anything.. the fold 4 is under warranty still.
0 Likes
DÆMO
Student
Options
I'll need to check. I think I'm just within the 14 days.
0 Likes
Agni28
Pioneer
Options
Because it is a separate system. The phone warranty does not extend when you exchange for a new phone.
0 Likes