Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help

(Topic created on: 07-02-2024 04:38 PM)
JKraj
Journeyman
Options

I pre order  Galaxy S24 ultra and Trade-in my mint condition s23 ultra. The new device came faulty. I noticed the faults and I straightforward reported to the Samsung Galaxy team and followed their instructions. They warned me to post my Trade-in phone and put me in chaotic circle of no end. I'm still within 14 days warranty. Now, Samsung customer service + technical team+Trade-in team are determined not to take their faulty phone back. They suggested me to wipe out all data returned the only phone I've and then wait for 10 days to deliver replacement. They could offer me the same Trade-in process of 7 days exchange offer, but no. I have confidential information in my phone which I can afford to compromise or delete. Please guide me I'm really trapped. 

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @JKraj 

Samsung have a duty of care to swap over a phone within the cooling off period whether because it's faulty or not wanted. 

I appreciate Samsung will want the Trade-In phone as agreed but because your having to send the new phone back for replacement then it's reasonable to need to retain the Trade-In phone until the new phone has arrived. 

I do not know what region you reside in. You've posted on the eu Samsung Community Forum. 

Your going to need to perservere with the team you've been speaking with.

@JKraj may I ask what issues you've got with your Samsung phone  ?

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate to ask.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

ByQu
Explorer
Options
And can't you take a service what I'm going to come by car and fix you at home?
0 Likes
ByQu
Explorer
Options
After all, you should have insurance+ for 6 months for free!
0 Likes
Rajsahab
Helping Hand
Options
Do not send your galaxy s23 ultra to the trade in department before samsung send you a replacement. Mean while get in touch with the trade in department and explain everything.
0 Likes
JKraj
Journeyman
Options
You're very kind and helpful, I am grateful for your reply 🙏. I am from UK 🇬🇧. I think they purposely delaying me to cross the 14 days window. Although, I am persistent, 100 times spoken with each department, but the advisors are rude and had no opinion other than "postage your faulty phone first and wait for replacement " this opinion is not suitable.
0 Likes
JKraj
Journeyman
Options
I notified Samsung after receiving the phone on day 3rd that my cell is heating up and shutting down. Past 4 days they're running a diagnostic on my phone via smart tutor. However, there advisors found a faulty item and asked me to request for refund or replacement. Now Samsung has no policy apparently to switch the phone or return my mint condition Trade-in phone.
0 Likes
JKraj
Journeyman
Options
Dear Raj, I already posted on day 5th as I have been pressurised that my account would be blocked if I don't send the Trade-in device within 7 days
0 Likes
Rajsahab
Helping Hand
Options
Really sorry
0 Likes
Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I am sorry for woes.

Did you pay using a credit card?

When did you get your phone?

Did you email them saying that you are cancelling the order

You should get some written communication about the cancellation.  You have a 14 days cooling period for cancelling the order. Did you receive any free gift with your phone?

0 Likes