Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra Trade in was sent on time but I was still charged, still no refund

(Topic created on: 22-06-2022 11:37 AM)
CopyCat1
Apprentice
Options

I used the Samsung trade in program to purchase two new S22 Ultras as well as a new Galaxy Watch 4 and have experienced the worst customer service during my entire existence on this planet earth.

There were many issues:

• The phones being delivered much later than originally scheduled, had to follow up to understand why they were not delivered yet (no notification from Samsung about the delay at this point)
  • One phone being delivered much later than the other (basically received the two phones a month apart)
  • The trade-in centre not aknowledging the trade in on the second device even though it was sent on time and then receiving threats that the new phone would be deactivated in 72 hours.
  • Being charged the full price for the second phone, even though this was flagged early and royal mail confirmed receipt of the phone by the trade-in centre.
  • Finally calling the trade-in center, they aknowlged not having an order number to mark it as receieved against but that they had received the phone - they then informed us that they do not handle refunds.
  • After this I was being sent in a loop when reaching out via email and to the call center when asking about the refund and when it will be processed - nobody can help me and I keep being sent from one place to another with promises of escalation and resolution.

It has been over two months since this started and I am yet to get this resolved, with the same rebotic replies and being sent in a loop time and time again. I am out of pocket £520 and the device that is sitting with the trade-in center.

Thank you Samsung for taking care of your loyal customers *sarcasm*

5 REPLIES 5
MrJCharming
Helping Hand
Options
Not sure if it's the uk site you used, but it's samsung mtr that will issue your refund. samsung@tradeinresponse.co.uk, helpdesk@samsungrecycle.co.uk

They are the people who issue the pay now emails if you owe anything as I did, sooo would be the same people to issue a refund. If no help it's worth trying the social media team
0 Likes
CopyCat1
Apprentice
Options

It is the UK site I used. I sent samsung@tradeinresponse.co.uk an email about a month ago and they informed me that they do not process refunds unfortunately.

0 Likes
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

were the tradein people able to reconcile the traded phone details (imei etc) against the missing order number which i assume you subsequently provided?

0 Likes
KevP79
Voyager
Options
The MTR group are useless. Friendly on the phone but ultimately do nothing until samsung staff get involved.

Ask customer care (samsung) to call them and ask them to call back and continue chase it to the end / conclusion. Emails both from yourself and customer care are pointless.

It took 4 days of callbacks to get my device back that I waited months before hand to be returned with constant promises from them that they were returning it.

Samsung telephone rep had it sorted within four days and she called me every day to keep me updated, it was sorted and returned within a week of getting customer care involved. She was awesome.

Best of luck
0 Likes
CopyCat1
Apprentice
Options
They received/created a new order number and marked it off as received from what I understood, but tbh I have no idea anymore.
0 Likes