Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Klarna Upgrade Programme Issues

(Topic created on: 21-02-2022 08:11 AM)
ChrisJimHill
Pioneer
Options
I'm having the same issues as last year (and the previous year) whereby I enter my bank details, and I'm told I can't use Klarna.

I have an excellent credit score, with no late payments. This seems to happen every single year since I've signed up to the upgrade programme.

What is the point in having it if every year it's a fight to upgrade your phone...it shouldn't be this difficult.

I end up waiting for tips and workarounds in order to upgrade. Is anybody else having similar issues?
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
TommyTizzle
Pathfinder
Options
Give this method a try, worked for me. The only difference I did was I used a different phone number and email to bypass the initial checks. Basically you're tricking the system into thinking you're a new customer. Hope this helps and good luck 👍 Screenshot_20220215-133742_Samsung Members.jpg
ChrisJimHill
Pioneer
Options
Thank you! Will give it a go.

Have a feeling this is similar to what I did last year
ChrisJimHill
Pioneer
Options
Turned out that klarna just needed to verify my contact details, address etc.

Once that was done, I tried after 24hrs, it all went through.
CharlieHowes
Pathfinder
Options
How did you verify your details with Klarna?
0 Likes
ChrisJimHill
Pioneer
Options
I download the app and checked my account details via there. I realised my email, phone and address wasn't up-to-date (not sure why not).

The phone and email I could update myself via the app. However the address needed a utility bill for validation, so I spoke to an agent via online chat, sent them the utility bill and they amended that for me.

They'll then say it can take up to 48hrs, but is usually done in 24hrs. I tried after 24hrs, and it went through all good.
CharlieHowes
Pathfinder
Options
Ah nice one mate. Thank you.
ChrisJimHill
Pioneer
Options
Good luck! Hopefully this solves any issues moving forward.