Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying for 2 phones: upgrade programme issues

(Topic created on: 09-03-2024 05:29 PM)
Hade95
Explorer
Options
After upgrading with the Samsung upgrade programme, Samsung have taken my old phone, confirmed they received it but have not settled the remaining payments with Klarna. This has left my paying monthly payments for my old phone and new phone.

Customer service have given me conflicting information over the phone and haven't responded to my emails.

Has anyone else had this issue?
8 REPLIES 8
Tinkerbell161
First Poster
Options
Yes I have this problem with Virgin Media. Every time I had an Upgrade with them. I cannot get them to stop taking unauthorised deductions from my bank account. Phoned them 4 times & still canot get them to cancel my old contract. Virgin Media have now amalgamated with O2. Now I have to cancel my contract with them. As I originally bought my old contract with Virgin Media I do not have to do this. It is driving me Nuts! That is the reason I left Virgin Media & now have a new contract with Tesco which my daughter set up for me. I want all that money back that they have stolen from my bank account. Think I am going to have to contact an Ombudsman for help. It has made me wary of upgrading my contract with any other mobile phone providers . They have made it nigh impossible to cancel old contracts. Like you any help with this problem would be most appreciated. Th
B12UMMY
Voyager
Options
This problem has happened to me 2yrs ago. I contacted klarna and explained the situation to them. They asked me to send them any proof that I sent the phone back to samsung or a confirmation from samsung that they have indeed received the phone. Which I did and they chased it up and got samsung to settle the account. 2 weeks later. They paid back the money to my bank. Try contacting klarna. I hope this will help.
0 Likes
Hade95
Explorer
Options
I've already contacted Klarna, unfortunately they have told me to resolve it by contacting Samsung
0 Likes
Sambee1998
Journeyman
Options
Yeah, I've just found I have this issue. Trade-in programme team are claiming it's Samsung's issue, who will of course claim it's Klarna's issue and so on and so on. Bloody ridiculous.
Hade95
Explorer
Options
One person on the phone told me that I was expected to pay for my old phone for 12-months before upgrading. Samsung offered me an early upgrade at the 10-month point. So someone at customer service suggested that the money would be paid off with Klarna in April at the 12-month point, but she wasn't sure herself how that would be arranged or if I had to prompt it. It was also never mentioned when I was offered the early upgrade that I had to keep paying for my old phone for an extra 2-months, so it all just seems like a mess.
0 Likes
Sambee1998
Journeyman
Options
Thats completely incorrect. Previously we've been offered upgrades early and not had to keep paying for it. I'd suggest speaking to Klarna, after much to and fro I gave them the returns info and they promised to pause payments and check with Samsung. Not holding my breath
0 Likes
Hade95
Explorer
Options
Well if nothing happens by April, I'll be visiting the ombudsman 🤷
0 Likes
Hade95
Explorer
Options
Got an email today from Klarna that the payment is settled. I sent a couple of emails to the Samsung recycle help desk that I think sorted it.
0 Likes