Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone managed to upgrade?

(Topic created on: 18-01-2024 06:16 AM)
Hystrix
Navigator
Options
I'm on the now defunct upgrade programme. Last night I was getting can't upgrade till 1st Feb. Then they sent another loan number and it kept giving technical difficulties or 502 errors.

Seems to get past that page now. 

However, the only option seems to be to join flex. I've gone through the basket stuff, it gets to payment and I've got pay with rewards or flex.
Added the small amount of rewards and then there is only a back button rather than a pay.

And seems to be no option to just pay a lump sum. 

I don't want to go onto flex, why would I want a contract I can't get out of for 2 months after the next phone is released?

Has anyone managed to upgrade? And did you have to use flex?

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

These may help @Hystrix 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Hystrix
Navigator
Options
I've already read all the others. They don't answer what I've asked.
0 Likes
Saxacat
Voyager
Options
I upgraded, but like you only had the Flex or rewards options. I went Flex, but I think I'll look at paying it off early; not keen on the 26 months.
0 Likes
Altontowers
Student
Options
Upgrade Program is gone now. It's either swap to Flex or pay off / return the S23, and buy the S24 in a lump sum normally, not through the upgrade lounge.
0 Likes
Charlsburg
Pioneer
Options
Remove your rewards points and pay with Flex - you can't do both.
Flex will cancel out the current debt of the phone and restart the finance.

Only issue is getting accepted it seems ... I've a excellent credit score and it keeps declining, so likely an issue with their new financial partner Glow
0 Likes
Hystrix
Navigator
Options
Am I right in thinking I could trade my phone in (not via upgrade/flex) pay the difference however I want (via klarna over a few months) and keep paying my current klarna finance agreement or settle it now?
0 Likes
KirkyLAD
Navigator
Options
You can only use the phone for trade in if the klarna is settled

So you could settle klarna, buy the phone the normal way and trade in the S23
0 Likes
Hystrix
Navigator
Options
Doesn't seem to be a reason why I can't trade in the phone before I settle the loan. It's just a loan, I have to pay that regardless of if I have the phone anymore. I could lose the phone or it could be stolen, I don't have to then settle the loan in one go.
0 Likes
KirkyLAD
Navigator
Options
Maybe you are right. I'm sure I read somewhere that Samsung won't accept trade in of a device that has come from the upgrade program
0 Likes