Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Flex clarification

(Topic created on: 17-01-2024 11:41 PM)
blenky
Helping Hand
Options
I'm on the now defunct upgrade programme with an S23U and I'm trying to get my head round the new Flex. 

If I choose the 26 month option (can't afford the 14 month option) am I am tied to the S24U for the length of the loan with no option to upgrade in 12 months?
12 REPLIES 12
Jambo84
Journeyman
Options
Yes, if you take the 26 month contract you will get the option of having the phone paid off after 26 months by handing it back or have to pay 30% of the overall cost.

You won't have the option of upgrading next year.
blenky
Helping Hand
Options
That's what I thought. Shame on Samsung for dumping the program without prior notification. I'll stick with my S23U.
0 Likes
shaunCampbell
Apprentice
Options

I asked this question to samsung support and they said that after 12 months you can still get the upgrade option 

0 Likes
Jambo84
Journeyman
Options
The 13 month option is rather rubbish. You pay the same amount over the contract which is around £865 but the settlement figure is 30% of the full amount (£370ish). After 13 months the market value of the phone will be around £500 if not more. Better to sell it third party and pay it off.
0 Likes
blenky
Helping Hand
Options
Are you sure they said 12 months into a 26-month Flex contract?
0 Likes
shaunCampbell
Apprentice
Options
I took a screenshot1705537855949.jpg
blenky
Helping Hand
Options
OK, thanks. What concerns me is that the agent uses the term "if you are eligible to upgrade" and not "when you are eligible to upgrade." In the morning I'm going to contact Samsung to get clarification.
0 Likes
Btown93
Apprentice
Options
Any update on this today? Seems odd that they contradict what they've said on the flex options. Also a little annoyed that it's 14 or 26 months - what's that all about? If you upgrade every year, it will be pushed back 2 months from the release date each year!?
0 Likes
blenky
Helping Hand
Options
I'm on the chat with Samsung now
0 Likes