Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Programme Problems due to Date

(Topic created on: 17-01-2024 11:11 PM)
Cliffg
Voyager
Options
I purchased an S23 Ultra last year on release date. I got an email invitation"Goodbye Upgrade Program, Hello Flex" to upgrade to S24 Ultra. I followed link to do this and when I put my contract number in I got message "Sorry you are not eligible for upgrade until 1st February"

This seems crazy as I will lose the offer of additional storage. It's not my fault that Samsung decided to launch S24 range earlier than S23. The upgrade program promised that you would get the latest phone as soon as it is available. 

The Upgrade programme will be replaced by Flex, but there are few details on this. Why is this? 
14 REPLIES 14
Juli3n
Hotshot
Options
Same here, but what's weirder, I've use a different loan number, the one that's showing in Karma, and that let me upgrade. Well, I got stuck at the end like every one else with the DNS issue but it didn't say I couldn't upgrade.
Juli3n
Hotshot
Options
It's Samsung Flex now, replacing the Samsung Upgrade Program.
0 Likes
Cliffg
Voyager
Options
Any idea what Flex is though as it says you can tailor your payments and that's about it.
0 Likes
Juli3n
Hotshot
Options
It looks similar to the upgrade program, you have an upfront payment, which you can tailor, then 12 or 26 monthly payments I think. I'm assuming we'll able to upgrade by trading it back next year, but I'm not 100% sure.
0 Likes
blenky
Troubleshooter
Options
Shocking customer service by Samsung to drop this bomb shell on day of s24 official reveal. All customers on upgrade program should have been informed months ago this was happening.
Qumars
Apprentice
Options
I've been having issues making me pre-order for the S24U had the same problem last year so let the SUP run and just bought the S23U outright. I hope the systems are just overloaded as I keep getting DNS error at checkout. Contacted support and they recommended me to try again in 1h but still no luck..
0 Likes
Hassan95
Explorer
Options
What number should I be looking for?
0 Likes
Adamw969
Navigator
Options
Look for the loan reference in your Klarna email from last year. Use this and you can upgrade now.
0 Likes
Ginge586
First Poster
Options
I signed up to Flex last Feb and got S23 Ultra. You pay a 10% deposit and the monthly payments are a lot less than a normal loan agreement where all payments are the same. With Flex however the last payment after 36 months is a balloon payment if you wish to keep the device or you can send it back and not pay the last payment and then choose to either leave or upgrade.

I've become quite confused as Samsung seem to be offering customers with S23's to upgrade to an S24 12 months into their loan agreement but then I just got told by an online chat agent that you have to pay off the remainder of the loan before upgrading 🤷‍♂️
0 Likes