Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

turn off Two-Step Verification

(Topic created on: 01-04-2020 04:42 PM)
boguc
Student
Options

Hi,

few days ago I changed password for my second account on SG9. After change, system want from me in 2nd step  code which was generated in procedure of creation account. Not code form SMS or email - I have access to phone and email. I dont remeber codes because I created account many years ago, when I use SG2. An now, after few years, I cant log in to my account because of codes. How can I turn off Two-Step Verification withot logging to account ? Is there special support addres where can I send ask for turn off 2 step verification ? Really only one way is factory reset phone and creating new account ? Especially when I have access to emial and phone (SMS). Why Two-Step Verification ask me for code form list and not from SMS or email ?

113 REPLIES 113
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @boguc 

Could you confirm if this is your Samung account you're trying to log into, and if not, which account is it?

0 Likes
boguc
Student
Options

The name of the account I have a problem with is "******".

It is Samsung Account not Google. Im son of the owner of phone and this account.  My father is 70+, low tech skill, zero english.  If it matters, I can provide additional (personal) information about me or father, such as addresses, date and place of birth, other phone numbers or emails.

We are real person who have full rights to phone (S9), phone numbers and Samsung Accounts (***** - father, boguc - my account name).

I have a very high level of technical skills (IT and ITC) even I'm mobile expert witness  but unfortunately I could not help with logging to the account.

I wrote ask in this forum because Polish Samsung Support said to me "you can only format the phone and create new account".  It is ridiculous. In this scenario every data on phone and gather on account "*****" will be lost.

I am convinced that Samsung, however, can take better care of its many years of dedicated users, including my father, and can provide them with better support for their products than Polish technical support.

MystaMagoo
Pioneer
Options

@ChrisM wrote:

Hi @boguc 

Could you confirm if this is your Samung account you're trying to log into, and if not, which account is it?

C'mon @ChrisM,answer the man.

Can we also stop 2step for shamsung cloud...............

NEWFEL
First Poster
Options

Hello,
When I tried to sign in to my samsung account on my Galaxy S5 Neo, I couldn't, knowing that It asks after writing my ID & Password to enter the verification code sent to me via SMS, & when I enter the code it keeps turning in this step without signing in, knowing that I can easily sign it to my Samsung account via any browser, but not on my phone!
I tried every thing I found on web to fix the problem without any results ...
Can you please help!

0 Likes
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @boguc, the 2-step verification is an automated security system embedded in the Samsung account and cloud and it cannot be disabled I'm afraid. If there is now for you to retrieve this code to confirm your identity, then I would recommend getting in touch with the Samsung Account team: https://help.content.samsung.com/csweb/ticket/createQuestionTicket.do

0 Likes
Maro91
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem 

Did you know the solution or not yet 

I want to open my samsung account i need a help

leexgx
Navigator
Options

Don't factory reset the phone until you can get 2fa disabled or you might lock the phone out until you can provide the 2fa code (wish I knew that samsung 2fa is utterly broken as I would have disabled wouldn't of enabled it for the cloud backup) you need to convince them your the owner of the Samsung account to get them to remove the 2fa

If it is sending you the code but its invalid you need to get samsung to fix there broken 2fa system To Send valid codes out

Seems to be so thing to do with the area code that is making the system somehow generate a invalid code (like +44 instead of 0044 or other way round, assuming uk, or what ever the USA one is if your from there ) 

0 Likes
leexgx
Navigator
Options

OK worked it out remove or add the area code to the number in the box where it asks you for mobile number (so instead of 0044 or +44 you just put your mobile number only in, as that's how I got mine to work) 

As I just found out 2fa is not actually enabled if it's only asking on the phone only (when it's enabled it will ask you on any device or browser you try and sign into)

Samsung still need to fix this bug as it shouldn't be sending invalid codes in the first place, as that probably means they are using the mobile number to actually generate the code witch is not very secure and could be used to generate codes on the fly without Samsung (please pass this message up to higher ups please mods who deal with account security ) 

0 Likes
leexgx
Navigator
Options

@CarloL wrote:

Hey @boguc, the 2-step verification is an automated security system embedded in the Samsung account and cloud and it cannot be disabled I'm afraid. If there is now for you to retrieve this code to confirm your identity, then I would recommend getting in touch with the Samsung Account team: https://help.content.samsung.com/csweb/ticket/createQuestionTicket.do

not sure if his problem is related to 2FA (once i got mine to work i did not have 2FA enabled once i got into the phone as first thing i was going to do was disable it but it already was)

this problem is device SMS verfication that is the problem, when you change the password (for example) your phone will ask to re login and then once you logged in it asks you to verfy the phone via SMS witch samsung will send you a invalid code that will fail if you use area code in the mobile number box

as i have just found out in my post and the bottom of this you Have to put your mobile number only in and not include the area code (dont add 0044 or +44 for example on your mobile number, just the mobile number only that starts with a 0)

0 Likes