Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD card

(Topic created on: a month ago)
PollyPolly5
Apprentice
Options
I have inserted an SD card into my Samsung A04S phone. I still keep getting "internal storage full" messages. I restarted the phone. Anyone know why? TIA.
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hey there

I believe you'll need to transfer some files from internal memory to SD card and then tell your device which memory to save to as default.
AndrewL
Options

@PollyPolly5: Further to the above, you will be required to manually move your personal media files to the SD card, as it is not possible to assign it as the default storage location (except for images captured in the Camera app).

With this in mind, please swipe up from your Home screen > Samsung folder > My Files > Images (as an example) > Press and hold on an image, then select any others that you'd like to include (or hit 'All' in the top left) > Move > Tap the Back button > SD card > Select a folder, or create a new one > Move here. 

To assign the SD card as the default storage location for photos and videos, please open the Camera app > Tap the cog symbol in the top left > Storage location > SD card.

PollyPolly5
Apprentice
Options
Thank you for that. I'll have a go!
PollyPolly5
Apprentice
Options
Hi Andrew, I'm trying to do the first bit. Got the Image, pressed and held until the tick appeared, but I can't find the "Move" option.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@PollyPolly5: The 'Move' option should appear at the bottom of the screen after you have selected your files. For a visual, step-by-step guide, please follow the link below and click on 'How do I move files to my SD card?'. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/using-an-sd-card/

lance78
Voyager
Options
Nice explanation long one there snapchat pic videos will Allways store to phone memory make sure drafts are deleted ps screen shots save to phone as well
0 Likes