Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power Button Gone

(Topic created on: 20-12-2020 09:03 AM)
D9_1980-9087877w0
First Poster
Options

My Samsung A5 2017 Power Button fell off. It became loose for no reason at all and now my phone ran out of battery. I cannot use it anymore and I tried methods on how to turn it on without the power button but nothing is working. It seems that a solution to this problem doesn't exist this is aggravating. A bit of support or advice would be key right now because I have important things I need to do on that phone. I did lose the power button after searching for it for 2 whole hours but no where to be found.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Earwig
First Poster
Options
try using a paper clip and try and poke the metal button in the whole were the power came from. this should work as if the button was there. its only idea I can come up with to get you by.
0 Likes
D9_1980-9087877w0
First Poster
Options

That did actually work but it will never be the same as actually having the power button there 

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

So take it to be repaired!

0 Likes
ragnabet
Journeyman
Options

My SE F20 power button fell out as well. I've bought a replacement power button on the Internet, but I seem unable to replace it properly in the slot because of two small (plastic ?) 'objects' that seem to remain inside the 'hole'. These two small objects can easily be moved (slided) sideways by means of e.g. a tooth pick. Are the objects supposed to be in there, or should i attempt to remove them ? (See below pictures of slot interior and the replacement button itself). 
Anyone that can come up with a good advice ?Slot interior with 2 'strange objects'Slot interior with 2 'strange objects'Replacement power buttonReplacement power button

0 Likes