Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S21 unable to hear phone calls

(Topic created on: 05-02-2021 07:21 PM)
Tilly1994
Journeyman
Options
Since the system update on Wednesday, I can no longer hear phone calls either made by myself or to me. This includes the dial tone. All other sounds are still working including ringtone, media etc. 

This happened and after I restarted my phone, it worked once but having just gone to make a phone call again it's not working. I'm not going to keep restarting my phone every time I make a call. 

Has this happened to anyone else?
109 REPLIES 109
Tilly1994
Journeyman
Options
Hmm I don't know as my original post was from January LAST year when the phone first came out 🤔🤔 very strange indeed. Deffo a Samsung issue and not a carrier issue as we are all on different networks and from different areas of the world.
0 Likes
TNJGB
Navigator
Options

I have installed the Google Phone app and set it as default instead of the pre-installed Samsung Phone app and so far it appears to work but whether that will last is another question. It still allows the Samsung smartwatch to receive and make calls.

mrglennjones
Apprentice
Options

I made a call today for an 1hr 25 mins and no problems at all.... still early days but I think this is the solution. Thank you

0 Likes
nrg84
Pioneer
Options

Actually the solution should be found by  Samsung, not by the customers. For me it would be a problem to use the Google Phone app instead, since I have all the blacklist blocked numbers in the default Samsung phone app. Thanks for the suggestion, by the way

0 Likes
nrg84
Pioneer
Options

Please keep us informed, if you solved the issue I will try to have a replacement phone. By the way, did you restore the previous backup in the new phone? Maybe the problem has gone because now you have not installed the apps that you had installed in the previous phone that could cause the problem. Thanks

0 Likes
Tilly1994
Journeyman
Options
With the first phone I transferred everything from my S9 to my S21 using the Samsung software smart switch... Then with the second phone I did exactly the same again (S9 to S21) as they took the original S21 before giving me another one.
HJSAHA
Student
Options

I had the exact same problem which I had already mentioned in my previous comment. I tried talking to the network operator as well as Samsung... Both of them accused one another for the problem. At last, after finding no solution, I had to change my network operator. I reside in India, I was using Vodafone as my sim card. I had to port my Simcard to Jio. And then the problem was resolved. It's been 2 months already without any problem. I guess the problem is with few network providers and Samsung's link. Maybe their tech is not synced properly. But this is definitely Samsung's fault as my problem started after One UI 4.0 firmware update.

TV4Fun
Student
Options

I have been using the Google phone app since I first got my phone, and I have definitely run into this issue while using that app. Then again, I haven't had this issue for a while, so I'd assumed Samsung had fixed something. Maybe it's actually the Google phone app that has a bug fixed in it and Samsung never got around to patching their own app.

nrg84
Pioneer
Options

I did the same with my S9... So, based on your experience, I think it's not a "restore" problem. Thanks

0 Likes
nrg84
Pioneer
Options

I tried to install the Google phone app while the problem was present (no reboot) and I set it as default phone app, but still no sound. 

0 Likes