Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S21 unable to hear phone calls

(Topic created on: 05-02-2021 07:21 PM)
Tilly1994
Journeyman
Options
Since the system update on Wednesday, I can no longer hear phone calls either made by myself or to me. This includes the dial tone. All other sounds are still working including ringtone, media etc. 

This happened and after I restarted my phone, it worked once but having just gone to make a phone call again it's not working. I'm not going to keep restarting my phone every time I make a call. 

Has this happened to anyone else?
109 REPLIES 109
nrg84
Pioneer
Options

Are both of them 5G? I'm thinking about to switch from my current operator (4G) to a 5G one...

0 Likes
TNJGB
Navigator
Options

Both my networks support 5G where available  but the S21 only lets you use 5G on your priority SIM. The issue occurs on both SIMs whatever gen they are set to. For me using Google phone I have been OK for a few days now.

nrg84
Pioneer
Options

I hope you solved the problem. In my case (without using Google phone), unfortunately, it also happened that I didn't have the problem for two weeks, but then it reappeared

0 Likes
KZoltàn
Explorer
Options

This is really embarrassing... I was using Huawei until now, because lack of Google i switched. I never ever had a problem like this... This is 1800dollar (yes in my country it costs this much) device that cant make the only thing a phone should do as a phone... S21 ultra, out of 10, 2 Times cant hear the dial tone. Because of battery i use lte setting, no 5g.

Cant believe this isnt solved in a year.

I will never buy a Samsung phone ever... This was a good lesson, and i didnt even mention the warming/performance issues. 

nrg84
Pioneer
Options

I totally agree with you, I will start posting everywhere about this problem in order to warn the other people to stay away from Samsung. I will switch to other brands more serious and above all more professional, Samsung assistance is frustrating and for me it was useless

0 Likes
Parminder 1
First Poster
Options

Facing same issue...It is very annoying...Samsung team fix it ASAP

Jonathan49
Student
Options

I am also having the same issue since the update about 6 months ago.  I have done a complete reset on the phone and it did not fix anything.  I have spoken to my provider (Telus) and they have confirmed this is a common problem with the new Samsung phones and are very aware of it.  They have said it is not a network issue.  I put my sim in 3 other phones (ihpone, Samsung note 4, s9) and ran them for a few days with no issues so I am 100% confident this is a Samsung s21 issue.

nrg84
Pioneer
Options

I think it's a "combination" between network provider and S21: it's obvious that the phone doesn't work well with some providers. Does your provider use 5G?

0 Likes
Jonathan49
Student
Options

Yes, Telus does have 5G.  I disabled 5G and did not notice a difference, the problem still exists.  The frustrating part is that I bought into the whole Samsung ecosystem (Buds Pro, Watch 4, Samsung Tablet, S21, etc) so now when I switch to another brand of phone all those items do not integrate as well.

nrg84
Pioneer
Options

I have started to sell all the Samsung devices that I bought, I will not buy Samsung anymore. By the way, you can try disabling VoLTE calls using an app called Samsung Band Selection, I'm testing this "solution" as suggested in other topics. In any case, disabling VoLTE will deny to navigate during calls.

0 Likes