Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S21 unable to hear phone calls

(Topic created on: 16-11-2022 11:08 AM)
Tilly1994
Journeyman
Options
Since the system update on Wednesday, I can no longer hear phone calls either made by myself or to me. This includes the dial tone. All other sounds are still working including ringtone, media etc. 

This happened and after I restarted my phone, it worked once but having just gone to make a phone call again it's not working. I'm not going to keep restarting my phone every time I make a call. 

Has this happened to anyone else?
109 REPLIES 109
NA1953
First Poster
Options

Same exact issue with my phone.  Happens almost every day..  if I restart my phone it works fine for a while. solution?

0 Likes
NA1953
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issues with my S21.. I sincerely believe a refund should be in order. I am a Samsung guy but no more.... next purchase is iphone!

0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

I have been having this issue on and off for the the past 3 months now. Works just fine for a period of time and then all of a sudden I have no audio either end on incoming and outgoing calls until the phone is restarted. It's not a speaker or mic fault because youtube works, music player works, Ringtones work and it passes all manual tests via the members app but still no audio on inbound and outbound calls until the phone is rebooted. Tried everything, clear cache, factory reset, changed sim tray from slot 1 to slot 2, replaced SIM, disable WiFi calling, disable VoLTE and even tried switching to Google dialler but eventually it happens again. 

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
mrglennjones
Apprentice
Options

Have found that muting the call and unmuting brings them back again

0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options
Will try this next time it happens. I'm at a point where I'm tempted just to go buy a new phone and if I do, it won't be another Samsung for sure.

Current Devices:
0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options
I was thinking last night... I'm sure this issue pops up for me after I receive a call with an anonymous (Not Withheld) caller id. Will have to look into that too!

Current Devices:
0 Likes
Members_TL4T2CH
First Poster
Options

Facing same issue from last two days after current update. Switched to LTE in mobile networks and works for Me now. Well a temporary fix and it should be fixed by samsung..... Missed my so many important calls... 

0 Likes
willjoe
Explorer
Options

During a voice call, press the volume button located on the left side of your device, and then tap on the drop down arrow to open the volume settings. Tap and drag the Call volume bar to the end to maximise the Call volume settings. If you still cannot hear anything during voice calls, please proceed to the next step

Regards,

Will

0 Likes
dampgusset
First Poster
Options
I also was having the same issue, so frustrating to say the least!! EASY FIX just diwnload the Google caller app, now no issues whatsoever...
0 Likes
Flep
Student
Options

I have the same problem after updating to android 13 One UI 5

0 Likes