Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 ultra issue

(Topic created on: 18-05-2023 11:56 AM)
Julos1er
Journeyman
Options
Since last update my s21 ultra every now and then turn off and turn back on on his own. Anyone else got same issue?
27 REPLIES 27
Julos1er
Journeyman
Options
Happen again today
0 Likes
asif00
First Poster
Options
I got same problem since upgrading
Its frustrating
Any solution yet ?
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @Julos1er. That's odd. If you're still experiencing this issue, I highly recommend Wiping the cache partition on your S21 Ultra. This will not erase any essential data, and is a useful step to follow after a software update. It effectively gives the software a fresh start, and you can read more about this in the thread below:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/cache-partition/m-p/6363335#M47139

0 Likes
Motty2012
Pathfinder
Options
This does not fix the issue.
Drconfused
Pioneer
Options
Here to
0 Likes
Drconfused
Pioneer
Options
Happens alot
0 Likes
Drconfused
Pioneer
Options
I would advise just clearing up some space on your phone I did it and it works
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

While I'm surprised that Wiping the cache partition has not helped on this occasion, @Motty2012, it just means that we can look at other possibilities. 👍

For anyone who's followed the steps above and still hasn't resolved the issue of their phone restarting randomly, the next step would be to pop your phone into Safe Mode. This will disable any third-party applications, so that we can determine whether these are causing the issue. To do this, please press and hold the Power button until you see Power off, Restart and Emergency > Press and Hold the Power Off icon until it shows a Shield > Tap the Shield. After this, the phone will start in Safe Mode.  

If the restarting is fixed/not evident whilst in Safe Mode, then it suggests that it is being caused by a third-party app. To resolve this, exit Safe Mode, then begin uninstalling apps you've downloaded one by one (restarting the phone between each app uninstallation) until the issue fixes itself. Once you've identified the troublesome app, you can reinstall the other apps via the Galaxy/Google Play Store.

Please let me know whether this helps.

0 Likes
Stevar77
Explorer
Options

Clearing cache etc. doesn't help. Issue started after may update. Only firmware is to blame here don't waste time in safe mode.

Julos1er
Journeyman
Options
I did this afternoon manage to get a laptop and did clear the cahe partition and so far no issue. Will keep posting if happen again but you do need a laptop to be able to get the recovery mode. Doesn't work with amazon tablet, power bank or earphones case you will need a laptop.
0 Likes