Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whatsapp messages are not sorted chronologically after deleting

(Topic created on: 15-01-2023 10:59 AM)
Canmer
Apprentice
Options
I am using S22 Ultra. Previously when I used to delete a message from a chat, whatsapp automatically use to resort the chat list according to date. but now when I delete a message, it does not change the chat list by date. For example, if someone messaged me last month and then again today, if I delete todays message, his chat will not move down to last month. In fact, it will remain on top of the list with last month date on the right. I use the latest version of whatsapp and android. Can somebody please help? 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You start by contacting WhatsApp, as that sounds like an app issue
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Canmer: Open WhatsApp > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Chats > Archived chats > Keep chats archived. Toggle this option on or off, depending on your current settings, and check to see if this addresses the issue. 

Canmer
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for the reply Andrew, I tried it unfortunately it didn't work😔
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Canmer ,

I have had a look online and it seems that others users are experiencing a similar issues with this app on different phones brands. Some of them have reported that selecting the feature that set the time and date automatically on their phones get this sorted. Would you be able to give this a try? This features is available from the phone Settings> General management> Date and time> Automatic date and time> Turn the slider on if off. 

Canmer
Apprentice
Options
Hi @TessM,

Thanks for trying to help. I have tried this too, unfortunately didn't help 😔
0 Likes
Tsahi
First Poster
Options

Worked for me. 

0 Likes
OferM
First Poster
Options

Toggling archive worked for me, but just after restarting WA. So after toggling the archive setting: Long press the Whatsapp icon > App Info  > Force Stop and then open app again.

Good luck!

0 Likes