Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending group texts

(Topic created on: 12-09-2022 10:39 PM)
Members_tim1gM3
First Poster
Options

I've recently upgraded from an S10 to an S22. I used to be able to go to a write a new text message, select the group I wanted and then select which members I want to send the text to. I can't work out how to do this now, the groups aren't showing in the list. They are showing in contacts, but if I try and send from there I can't work out how to send to selected members only. Urgent help needed please.

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19
Nitesh95
Helping Hand
Options
I'm not sure if I understand what you're saying... but this is what I know messages does on SMS.

When you click new message, you can manually type each contact in the message and the message will go to all who are included in that message.Screenshot_20220912-220931_Messages.jpg
0 Likes
Neo001
Legend
Options

Hi,

It seems that it is not possible to send messages to groups (unless you select each contact indivially). I could not select a group name in the recipient list.

There is however something called as a group chat, available in the US and possibly in some other locations. I am in the Netherlands and don't see Multimedia messages /group messages option on my phone.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00090223/

0 Likes
Members_tim1gM3
First Poster
Options

Thank you, but that will take me ages. I just want to know how to send messages to selected members of groups I already have set up. It was easy on the S10, but can't work out how to do it on the S22.

0 Likes
Members_tim1gM3
First Poster
Options

Thank you, I have looked at that but it doesn't answer my question. This is something I've been doing on the S10 for a couple of years, and the groups are set up, I  just can't work out how to send to selected members.

0 Likes
B12UMMY
Voyager
Options
You can on the s22 ultra. When you click on the new message icon. under new conversation page . you have the option to select individual contacts or create a group.
0 Likes
Major_Gaz
Student
Options
Does any one know if you can have the Samsung a12 read out messages from my apps .ei. WhatsApp or ps app . And if so. How do I activate it ? Thanks
0 Likes
Members_tim1gM3
First Poster
Options

The groups are existing, but not coming up in the new message list of contacts. They did on the S10, then I just tapped the individuals in the group I wanted to send the text to.

0 Likes
B12UMMY
Voyager
Options
Have you created a group? If so then they should be in the list when you open the message app. Click on the group and send message. You do not need to click on the new message icon.
0 Likes
B12UMMY
Voyager
Options
The group you create will appear in your old messages contacts. It will stay there unless you delete it. I hope this helps.
0 Likes