Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Notes Is Taking Up Too Many Gigabytes From My Internal Storage From My Andoid Phone

(Topic created on: 06-09-2022 12:23 PM)
Members_AGH3vft
Apprentice
Options

The reason for me contacting this forum, is I have a Samsung Cloud account.

I have a lot of notes from the Samsung Notes app on my smart phone, the Samsung Galaxy A21S) which have not been synched.

In addition to that, I have a lot of old notes from previous Samung phones which haven’t been synched and cannot be opened with the latest app.

The only option Samsung has given me to access them, is if I convert them to current format that the latest app is using.

Reluctantly I did this and it is taking a lot of storage space on the internal memory of my phone.

I have deleted apps and files from my phone to make storage space and it still ends up running out of storage.

My question, is how can I still retain my notes and reduce the excessive gigabytes that Samsung Notes is taking up?

As a result, my phone is not able to receive new updates due to the lack of space on my phone.

Currently, my phone is barely operating because of the amount of storage it is taking up at 12.27 GB, just from the notes alone!

Kind Regards

Rhys

10 REPLIES 10
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
I use the same, obviously may not be to your level, altogether I have 2456 notes in different folders and taken 532 mb in the internal storage
0 Likes
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options

If I had that many notes as either of you I'd be using Microsoft onenote, word and onedrive and defiantly have them backup elsewhere.

I've only used Samsung Notes for temp stuff like reminders or shopping lists.

Members_tinD8UM
First Poster
Options

Well this won't affect me anytime soon as I ordered the samsung galaxy S22 Ultra with a whopping 1T of storage. I only did this because many people underestimate their storage capacity. For example, say you currently have a 64GB phone and you have used 57GB, then when you are looking to upgrade you do not want to upgrade to a phone with the same storage capacity, but one with at least double. Remember, the more storage space you have, the longer your phone will last.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Members_AGH3vft  Obviously your new Device will  offer much more capacity.  However I still think it is advisable to back up your Notes. Anyone in similar position should also consider alternative programs the like of Microsoft offer.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Members_AGH3vft
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for sharing your experiences IndiW Voyager.

It's nice to know I'm not the only person having this problem.

0 Likes
Members_AGH3vft
Apprentice
Options

Hi StuartR.

Thanks for responding to my post.

I have backed up my notes on OneDrive, the problem is that they are un organized.

On my phone, the notes have been placed into categories, which makes it easy to locate.

0 Likes
Members_AGH3vft
Apprentice
Options

Hi Members_tinD8UM.

I appreciate your advice, normally the notes are Samsung Notes are small.

Why they are taking up so much space, I have no idea?

Thanks for sharing your feedback.

0 Likes
Members_AGH3vft
Apprentice
Options

Hi JAMES4578.

Thanks for responding to my post.

I have backed up my notes on OneDrive, the problem is that they are un organized.

On my phone, the notes have been placed into categories, which makes it easy to locate.

0 Likes
Qdabeat
Student
Options
Yes I indeed. Not sure why someone would have that many notes to himself and then complain about storage! Just delete all those unwanted, past useful and impossible to remember notes and then surely his/her phone will be able to speed up. Common sense, surely?!