What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chat Messages setting keeps turning off for just one contact

(Topic created on: 11-08-2021 03:44 PM)
Options

My Samsung s21 Ultra keeps turning off the chat setting/read receipt but its only for one certain contact. Ive tried tuning the setting on and off, resetting my phone but nothing seems to help, anyone else have this issue?

20 REPLIES 20
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi, maybe that person doesn't have chat services activated.
0 Likes
Options

That's the funny thing, the other person does have it activated and it still won't work either way 

0 Likes
Kate321
First Poster
Options

Same thing happened to me and my husband. But it works in my texts with my friend.

0 Likes
JDfromGB
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue! The chat was working for months, accidently turned on a message bubble somehow, similar to what Facebook messenger has, and now all messages are text or mms messages. She still has a blue dot next to the contact. I turn on the setting in the options, go back, hit settings again, and its off. So frustrating. It still works for all the other contacts in my phone as well.

crazybusymomto2
Student
Options

Mine stopped working 2 days ago for no reason.  🤔

0 Likes
AutumnAndroid
First Poster
Options

Anyone have luck figuring this out? I've been having this issue for months and have yet to find a solution. It seems to happen very randomly and not related to any updates.

0 Likes
crazybusymomto2
Student
Options

Mine mysteriously resolved itself. The only thing I can think of why it had something to do with the WiFi but I'm not 100% sure. 

0 Likes
Bleck98
First Poster
Options

You know what .... I discovered about this "Chat messages" today .... I was sooooo shocked !!! I mean we samsung users had this ecosystem like imessage like feature for us for so long and i was missing on it but i always have to turn it on it keeps turning off on its own ..... But this is amazing typing indicators , high quality photos etc etc

EDIT : I tried something !!!!!! I cleared the storage of the app....And now it's working again Now it remains on 

0 Likes
Members_S4UOwxi
First Poster
Options

I have started getting this recently when messaging my wife. Works fine with my other contacts. Any ideas how to fix this. I have tried the suggestions in this forum

0 Likes