Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bixby says I'm too young!

(Topic created on: 30-09-2019 10:15 PM)
Helios0414
Student
Options

So any time I try to allow Bixby for 'customisation' and hit next, I get a message to say 'you're too young to use customisation services'. Not that I'm assuming that there are moderators on here, but I can tell you I am not too young for anything (I may regret that remark). Point being, I've looked at my Samsung and Google accounts at which it could link a date of birth, and I'm satisfied they are now set correctly.  However, I am still too young apparently. Any thoughts?

17 REPLIES 17
AntS
Options

Maybe it's your youthful looks, @Helios0414:winking-face:

Not seen that Bixby messaging myself before, but apparently some S9+ peeps on the US Community have also encountered this one over the past few days. I've asked our software team, and they're looking into it. Me or one of the other Mods will let you know what they find. :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

Basicwizz
First Poster
Options

Make sure your Samsung account has your correct date of birth in it. Mine did not, but after I updated it, I was able to turn on Bixby.

0 Likes
Helios0414
Student
Options

Done. Still not working. Questioning whether Bixbie is worth the effort here :smiling-face:

AntS
Options

Hi all - sorry about the delay in reply! 

Unsure if this is still an issue for you guys, but we've received a response from the developers today on it. They're working on an update to fix the issue permanently, but until then, there's a suggested fix of removing the Samsung Account from devices, and then signing back into the account again.

0 Likes
JoAnnW
First Poster
Options
How do you update the date of birth? I went the account and put in my correct date of birth, then clicked confirm. Got an email that said my information had changed, but the information did not change.
wolfe1958
First Poster
Options

i just purchased s10 plus and get the same message.

DSJDV
First Poster
Options
Same here
0 Likes
FranckDernoncou
First Poster
Options

Same issue… This is ridiculous. Why do I have to use a Samsung account on my S9?

0 Likes
MsThea
First Poster
Options

I changed the email on my Samsung account as well as the password.  Now it works

0 Likes