Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bixby says I'm too young!

(Topic created on: 14-03-2019 07:32 PM)
Helios0414
Student
Options

So any time I try to allow Bixby for 'customisation' and hit next, I get a message to say 'you're too young to use customisation services'. Not that I'm assuming that there are moderators on here, but I can tell you I am not too young for anything (I may regret that remark). Point being, I've looked at my Samsung and Google accounts at which it could link a date of birth, and I'm satisfied they are now set correctly.  However, I am still too young apparently. Any thoughts?

17 REPLIES 17
MitchellFN
Student
Options

So you are one for those who still think one can understand what's going on in this crazy world. Keep trying and good luck.  I was getting this message when trying to set some settings on my phone clock app. I cannot even tell who's saying that. Is it Androdid (Google)? Is it Samsung (the phone manufacturer)? Is it someone else who may own that app? Cause they don't care to tell who they are and what one should do. When I was trying to locate some account on the phone (thinking my age could be wrong on some account) it gave me a list of dozen of my accounts from all over this jungle: google, yahoo, msn, samsung, blah, blah. Now I have a feeling of what Wild West meant. Only this time is the Wild World. I think a better acronym interpretation would be World Wild Web.

@Helios0414 wrote:

So any time I try to allow Bixby for 'customisation' and hit next, I get a message to say 'you're too young to use customisation services'. Not that I'm assuming that there are moderators on here, but I can tell you I am not too young for anything (I may regret that remark). Point being, I've looked at my Samsung and Google accounts at which it could link a date of birth, and I'm satisfied they are now set correctly.  However, I am still too young apparently. Any thoughts?

0 Likes
KandJcustomz
First Poster
Options

Is there a solution yet for this? Because I have the S10+ and I am also receiving the error that I am too young. 

0 Likes
Gaalidas
First Poster
Options

Still a problem here too.  Apparently the previous post indicating a fix was being developed has not been produced as of yet.  I don't even know what customization is available, thus I'm really not missing anything at this time.  However, that being said, at almost 38 years old, I shouldn't be considered too young for anything save retirement, dementia, and death by old age.

0 Likes
Gaalidas
First Poster
Options
Spoke too soon, all better. Still have no clue what it enables. Oh well.
0 Likes
Smudgiekins
Apprentice
Options

Yes, I hope Bixby flatters me like that too 😁

0 Likes
SwagUnity
First Poster
Options

This is ridiculous!

I see people are having this problem since S9, I'm typing this on my S20+ same problem. Hey Mod, wasn't almost two years enough to fix this? Just shows the customer service level. Get rid of Bixby it's a freaking joke, frustrating one.

DigsRetro
First Poster
Options

Why isn't this fixed yet? I see messages going back two years for this issue.

0 Likes
bj20040
First Poster
Options
Still have this issue on the weather app on my s20
0 Likes