Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mute the beeps on Samsung Microwave MG23T5018C*

(Topic created on: 03-10-2022 08:12 PM)
cube333
First Poster
Options

I have the Samsung Microwave MG23T5018C* and I would like to disable the beeping sounds. There is no number pad or options button. Tried all solutions that appeared online. Didnt help. Does any one know how to mute the beeps on this model?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

normally on Samsung microwave's its a press of the start and stop buttons both at the same time turns off the beeps. do it whilst the door of the microwave oven is open

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@cube333: To mute the beeper, look for the < OK > (increase/decrease) buttons on the control panel, and press the '<' and '>' buttons simultaneously. I'm not sure if this will work for all sounds, or just the beeping that alerts you when a cooking cycle has completed.

0 Likes
Daniel B
Student
Options

According to the manual you're supposed to hit < and > at the same time but it's not working. I've received a 2nd unit of this model and the problem persist. I even sent videos to Samsung support showing that I did it correctly according to the manual but they weren't able to help. One of the reasons I bought this model. Everything else is good.

0 Likes
Mikethemechanic
Student
Options
Hi, for anyone that finds this while searching like I did, I figured out how to get it to work (at least for me)
You need to hold the arrow buttons down when you first switch the microwave on at the wall socket. While the display is all lit up hold down the 2 arrows you should hear a long beep and it says "OFF" Same to switch back on 👍perhaps let me know if it works for you then @samsung can update their manual. 😊
0 Likes
Daniel B
Student
Options

Thanks for the tip but this didn't work on my unit. There is no power switch on this unit but I tried holding the arrows down while plugging in the power chord, the display shows all signs at once for abour 2-3 seconds, then just a short beep and the clock is reset to 12:00. Same happens no matter how long I press those buttons. 

0 Likes
Mikethemechanic
Student
Options
Sorry wasn't too clear, don't hold the arrow buttons before plugging in. Plug in and then whilst the display is fully lit up but before the clock displays, press and hold the arrow buttons. (In the uk we have switches at the wall socket makes it a bit easier)
danibw0i
First Poster
Options

Wo0t. It worked! Thank you! Now I won't have to wipe blood from my ears every time I use the micro :smiling-face:

0 Likes