Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exploding glass door of oven

(Topic created on: 04-09-2021 10:28 PM)
Lisa3745
Apprentice
Options

My oven door exploded this afternoon while cooking biscuits on a low temperature. I’ve only had it since last November so I’m shocked. The glass flew all over the kitchen and I was just lucky my daughter didn’t get hurt. Is this a common problem?! Had many ovens over the years and never ever had one with doors that explode! I’ve contacted Curry’s where I bought it from but I’m really shocked and now have no usable oven. Can anyone help point me in right direction to get this sorted out? Thank you.

49 REPLIES 49
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
I'd get in contact with trading standards as well to see if anyone else has had this serious issue
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Lisa3745: I'm really sorry to hear that you're experienced this issue with your over door. We take matters of customer safety very seriously, therefore I would like to arrange to pass your details on to the relevant department, who will be in touch to assist you further. Please send a private message to Sam_UK by following the steps in the link below, and myself or one of the other mods will be on hand to make the necessary arrangements for you. 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm...

0 Likes
Laurenco
Journeyman
Options

This has just happened to me! Did Samsung sort it?

Laurenco
Journeyman
Options

Hi, our oven door has just exploded. The bottom glass. It wasn’t even on (but too oven was on) and we weren’t near the door at the time. Please help!

62C39381-7461-4E0E-B240-18E07262D1BD.jpeg

Lisa3745
Apprentice
Options

Yes they did! They replaced the whole door- we had to wait about two weeks though so had no oven but they came and fitted it and sorted it out. 

Lisa3745
Apprentice
Options

That looks exactly like outs did! The bottom door shattered and exploded outwards! Must be some fault with their doors- so far touch wood the replacement has been fine. Was a shock though and found glass for weeks everywhere! 

Laurenco
Journeyman
Options

Thank you so much. Fingers crossed Samsung sort ours that quickly 

0 Likes
Beth_S
Pathfinder
Options

We're sorry to hear this, @Laurenco. Please send a private message to Sam_UK by following the steps in the link below, and we'll discuss this further with you.

ttps://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm....

Laurenco
Journeyman
Options

Thank you. I think I've sent the message privately, however it was not *****-proof as we're not android based in this house! Please let me know if the attachment looks right

IMG_9169.JPG.

0 Likes