Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exploding glass door of oven

(Topic created on: 04-09-2021 10:28 PM)
Lisa3745
Apprentice
Options

My oven door exploded this afternoon while cooking biscuits on a low temperature. I’ve only had it since last November so I’m shocked. The glass flew all over the kitchen and I was just lucky my daughter didn’t get hurt. Is this a common problem?! Had many ovens over the years and never ever had one with doors that explode! I’ve contacted Curry’s where I bought it from but I’m really shocked and now have no usable oven. Can anyone help point me in right direction to get this sorted out? Thank you.

49 REPLIES 49
Iappliance
Student
Options

What do I do if I am based in the US?

0 Likes
AshP_
Options

@Iappliance You can find the contact details to reach our US colleagues here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

Nigel1
Student
Options

My door did exactly the same on Saturday night. Contacted Samsung by phone &Twitter over the weekend to be told that as it’s “physical damage” it’s a chargeable repair. Now waiting for someone to contact me with a proper resolution.

FF5E2C2A-3424-41A8-A7B9-1904A45ED73C.jpeg

Bridgezse11
First Poster
Options

Same happened to me today, i was just a few feet away from the oven! Lucky my 2 year old son was in the other room at the time. Called the technical team sending an inspector to look at it on wednesday! Suprised to see so many recent occurences on this issue!

325417D5-DF1E-4055-B36A-B9C012438610.jpeg

adi55
Apprentice
Options

My oven door has just shattered to, Christmas eve.  not what i expect from a £900 less than 2 year old oven, in fact from any oven at all.

So my Christmas is ruined.  Totally unacceptable 

PaulM1
Options

Hi there, @adi55.

I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced this issue with your oven door. We take matters such as this very seriously indeed.

Consequently, I would like to arrange to pass your details on to the relevant department. Our colleagues would then be in touch as soon as possible to assist you further.

Please send a private message to Sam_UK by following the steps in the link below, and I or one of the other Mods will be on hand to guide you on the next steps:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm...

If you happen to be based outside the UK or Ireland, however, please get in touch with the Support Team in your region:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/function/ipredirection/ipredirectionLocalList/

0 Likes
Sage Artist
First Poster
Options

this just happened to me. my oven is just over one year old.

PaulM1
Options

I'm concerned to read this, @Sage Artist. If you're based in the UK or Ireland, please refer to my earlier post about how you can reach out to us about this. 

0 Likes
patmullarny
First Poster
Options

This exact thing just happened to me

Samsung made me sign a non disclosure agreement before offering to fix the glass, to stop me 'talking to the press' 

All sounds like a dodgy cover up as its obviously a reoccurring issue with this particular model and on such a low heat. Quite shocking, someone will end up with hot shards of glass in their eyes

Samsung offer no gifts or compensation for the trouble either. 

0 Likes
asad_ia
First Poster
Options

i buy dual cook nv75n5671RS/EG last oct today the outer glass of door suddenly broke without any reason.

asad_ia_0-1685821820248.jpeg

i live in germany please tell me where should i contact.

Best Regards

Asad

0 Likes