Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ecobubble Plug Fire

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
AdenC
Apprentice
Options

IMG_20240504_074326.jpg

Hi the plug on my eco bubble blew up last night. I was in the garage and saw the flash and all the smoke. The washing machine turned off before it continued but it looks like the fuse on the socket is intact. 

I am pretty shocked to see this has happened to so so many other people on this site.

Is samsung going to do a recall? Or are they waiting for someone's house to burn down to acknowledge it? 

Our washer is outside of warranty but this is a health and safety manufacturer issue, what recourse do I have against Samsung?

We have a Ecobubble 7Kg WF70F5EDW4X/EU

15 REPLIES 15
AsadM
Options

Hi @AdenC

I'm really sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue. If you are based in the UK or Ireland, then please send a private message to Sam_UK by following the steps in the link below, and myself or one of the other mods will be able to get this escalated for you. Information on how you can send this can be found here: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm...

Alternatively, you can reach out to our Technical Support Team directly, and an advisor will be able to pass your details to the relevant department for further assistance. Their contact details can be found here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/ 

Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If you are in the UK, please send a Direct Message to @Sam_UK. They do take these things very seriously and will help to get assistance for you.
If you go into your profile on the Members App or Website. You will have a Direct Message option here.
If you are outside of the UK. Please contact Samsung Customer Support for assistance with this.
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I'd rule out your extension cable also.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
OmegaMutant
Pathfinder
Options
As others have mentioned deffo give Support a call to discuss. Deffo check the extension cable too.

Not very helpful now, but always read the instructions on the machine too. Most will say to use a wall socket and not an extension cable when powering the machine. Just something to keep in mind.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/home-appliances/how-to-install-your-washing-machine/
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

I never have liked the idea of washing machines out in garages - at best the garages have no heat in the winter and damp and condensation with cobwebs and dust , that cant be good for electrical appliances like a washing machine which has electronics and circuit boards in them - but it also mentions in the instruction booklets not to plug them into extension leads . If people do not heed warnings listed in the instruction book why would Samsung be expected to resolve this issue. 
Now, as to other Samsung washing machines where there plugs have melted and they were plugged into a proper outlet , well thats a different issue. 

Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
What amp fuse is in it
G G
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I would agree with you. Extension leads are only really meant for use with things with low power. Washing machines are one with the highest power. Really needs to be plug straight into a socket. It happened to a samsung dishwasher I had. I did plug it in using a plug adaptor. Lucky I smelt burning and found it was my dishwasher plug. My dad told me straight you shouldn't use them for high powered appliances. Lesson learned.
AdenC
Apprentice
Options

Thanks they have messaged back.

0 Likes
AdenC
Apprentice
Options

Thanks, I did not know it was plugged into one. The extension lead still works, but I'll plug it back into the wall from now on.

0 Likes