Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic conditioner dispenser

(Topic created on: 02-01-2024 12:43 PM)
Kate154
First Poster
Options
  • Hi I'm having an issue with the automatic conditioner dispenser on my washing machine.  It is not dispensing and says that the conditioner needs replenished even though the drawer is full.  I have tried cleaning and there is no blockage, I have also changed the water hardness level to see if that works.  No luck.  The model number if my machine is WW10M86DQ00.
0 Likes
27 REPLIES 27
markh80
Journeyman
Options

Glad to hear you got some resolution, I am still waiting for a callback!  Two weeks now, when I called last week, to chase, I was told they had tried calling me several times but I never answered. 

However, we're not able to provide me with the dates or times of these calls, as I explained to them that I had no missed calls.  Provided a new number but still nothing.  

Currently having to run the wash, and then manually add in conditioner and then re-rinse and spin.  

0 Likes
Jaymark
Pioneer
Options

Flaky to the max.   They know this is a problem.  

I’m I am going to get this fixed no ifs or buts.  

I will never buy another Samsung ever again. To me their name stands for poor quality and poor customer care.  

They have been nothing short of outrageous. 

To add further insult. I registered my machines to get the 5 year warranty…apparently there’s no record of it.  Seems like others have had the same issue as I.  

Samsung you should hold your heads in shame.  

0 Likes
markh80
Journeyman
Options

Well not sure if it's a coincidence or not but I just had my manager callback.

To their credit they were very engaged, listened to all my side of the issues,  agreed that they should not have voided my warranty.

They are organising an engineer to come back out and will also reinstate my warranty, so my finger are crossed. I might get this resolved to a point I can actually use my machine as intended.

Mark

0 Likes
Jip1000
Student
Options

Hi i have the same problem on my machine with the bad seal. Did anyone ever get a satisfactory solution to this problem? You would hope that Samsung have upgraded the seals on the newer machines at this stage?? I would be happy to change the seals if it was possible to buy them but I can’t seem to source them, did anyone find replacement seals anywhere??

0 Likes
markh80
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

So after much back and forth they did replace the entire dispenser unit for us.

Not sure if they have improved the design as 🤞no repeat issues as of yet.

mark

harrynothappy
Student
Options
Hi.
I have exactly the same problem with the same washin machine. My 5yr extended warranty too was not registered by Samsung.

Back in January 2022 the whole pump was replaced and now within 2yrs , same problem.
Samsung wants me to pay for the known fault.
0 Likes
Jonathan Jones
Journeyman
Options

Hi Jason

After months of having doubts that my washing machine was working correctly and blaming my fabric softener and detergent for just being not as good as they were once, I decided to pull the drawer unit out yesterday and eventually found the pump which I also took apart into my astonishment, found the washer in exactly the same state as yours! It was so alike, it actually looks exactly the same. I have attached a picture

My machine is actually still under warranty as I took out an 11 year warranty on it and only bought it in 2019 however I could not wait for them to send out a repair person and then order the parts and then repair it. So I have actually paid out of pocket for a new pump yesterday which I’m waiting for delivery on tomorrow

I should really be able to send the receipts and claim that money back if this is a known issue, which, since searching, I have found multiple events, the same as yours where the washer is basically rotting away

I can’t find any supplier for parts that actually sell just the washer and it seems the whole pump at £110 has to be replaced every time which is absolutely ridiculous on a machine that’s only bought in 2019

I would buy a bagfull of washers and replace both every 10-12 months to keep the machine working but I find it ridiculous that on a £1250 machine this cheap and nasty little part is causing such issues! My mum has a £350 machine that works fantastically, coming up to 6 years old and never had any issues!

Have you got anywhere with Samsung yet?

IMG_1823.jpeg

0 Likes
Jonathan Jones
Journeyman
Options

Did you ever get anywhere with this? In the UK your statutory rights should be enough to get this sorted for free

Absolutely no way would it stand up in court if they tried to say that the machine was damaged because of fabric softener or detergent that is intended to be used in exactly the same way in this machine as any other machine

these companies are ridiculous and treat the customers like *****

certainly won’t be buying any more Samsung products based on how rubbish my washing machine and tumble dryer both bought at the same time have been to date

0 Likes
Jonathan Jones
Journeyman
Options

Did you get anywhere with this

I am only finding this forum now and see that the dates are quite awhile back, but nobody has come back to say whether they have been successful or not

0 Likes
Jonathan Jones
Journeyman
Options

This is good news. Did it happen as they promised

0 Likes