Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic conditioner dispenser

(Topic created on: 28-09-2021 08:33 AM)
Kate154
First Poster
Options
  • Hi I'm having an issue with the automatic conditioner dispenser on my washing machine.  It is not dispensing and says that the conditioner needs replenished even though the drawer is full.  I have tried cleaning and there is no blockage, I have also changed the water hardness level to see if that works.  No luck.  The model number if my machine is WW10M86DQ00.
0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26
Paul_HL
Samsung Pro
Options

Hi ,

the valve bit at the back of the container can unscrew , make sure the valve lets liquid past , also that the black rubber bit sits in the notch otherwise it wont open. that was the problem with mine .

Thanks

Paul

0 Likes
Kate1548
First Poster
Options
The valve let's liquid past. It's hard to explain but the little white bit (that has holes in it)inside the valve, when I pushed that in slightly, the conditioner came out.
0 Likes
AsadM
Options

Hi @Kate154, I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your WW10M86DQ00 washing machine. Let's try going through the steps on pages 31 onwards, and page 64 of the user manual, which can be accessed from here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/WW10M86DQOO/EU/

If you still experience issues, try giving our friends in the Technical Support Team a call for guidance with this as a potential inspection/repair may be required.  They can be contacted on 0333 000 0333. ^AM

0 Likes
Jaymark
Pioneer
Options

  

Hi Kate. I have the same issue and I know exactly what the problem is.  
The bad news is that the seal in the auto dispense in the fabric softener fails over time. Usually 7-8 months. 

I have had two repairs and now on third failure.  I am currently taking issue against Samsung about it.  

I took the pump apart to see what was causing the failure and attached are the images of the seals from both the detergent and conditioner.  

Having paid good money you don’t expect a basic failure and I am seeking a replacement.  

feel free to email me jaymark@me.com.  I already have another who is keen to get this resolved.  

kind regards

Jason

8BBF09DB-3A84-4B52-8EDF-5E8C56308444.jpeg

3B0DE57A-C9C6-4D5C-B66C-2AD03557C7EE.jpeg

0 Likes
Jaymark
Pioneer
Options

48EFDAAD-4D74-48A9-9A80-2F3647862886.jpeg

Hello Asad

Sadly it’s a design flaw within the auto dispense unit.  An ingredient in fabric softeners literally soften the seal which then turns into a bloated deformed piece of rubber. That leads to loss of vacuum hence no longer pumps the fluid.  

I have taken issue with Samsung over this and hoping they will be honourable.  A £1,400 machine should not fail at the basic level.  Year on year like clockwork

here is the offending seal compared to the normal detergent seal.  
kind regards

jason

0 Likes
markh80
Journeyman
Options

Contacted Samsung about auto dispenser not working for both detergent and softener. They sent out an engineer who said the issue was the detergent was too thick. He added some water and said it was all working and should be fine.

A few days later and a few washes later, the softener still not gone down at all; I called Samsung back, they asked me to empty and put warm water in both drawers and run a cycle; I did this a few times, with auto dose set to high.  The detergent drawer used 50ml, and the softener drawer used 0ml of the water put in.

I called them back to be told they have voided my warranty for misuse, and I will have to pay for an engineer to come out and fix the softener that is not working because of the detergent I used!  It did not matter how many times I tried to explain that the detergent was working, and they were unable to answer me on how the wrong detergent could impact the fabric softener.

I wonder if we have been lucky for 11 months and have been hit with the same issue as above?

Waiting for a manager call back!!

0 Likes
Jaymark
Pioneer
Options

Hi Mark
Don’t be pushed around by them or fobbed off.  Reading your message really irritated me. 

Attached is the culprit it’s the gasket that fails from damage by the fabric softener.

no guesses which one is connected to the fabric softener 

Machine not fit for purpose simple as that.  
You have two options

Write to the shop you bought it from.  They have a responsibility to replace or refund if this is less than a year old.  You can state the machine is not fit for purpose and therefore a breach of contract has occurred.  You can find lots including template letters

I wrote to ******* who is dealing with this through their designated service company the Repair Guys in Exeter. 
Do keep in touch I’m happy to help as much as I can.  
my email is jaymark@me.com

kind regards

Jason

191F4305-EBCB-400E-80BE-6B25544F8B7F.jpeg

0 Likes
RobWB
First Poster
Options

Have exactly the same problem, took the pump apart and cleaned it all gasket was actually in good shape, however machine still says dispensor is empty & does not dipense conditioner although deturgent is working fine Machine is 7 months old about to make first call to samsung service

0 Likes
RobWB
First Poster
Options

Update: after a long phone call and a video link they have said they will sent me a new dispensing draw, all I need to do is find the purchase reciept and send them a copy

0 Likes