Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Automatic Conditioner Dispenser

(Topic created on: 06-04-2021 02:49 PM)
Jozi11
First Poster
Options

Please does anyone have any advice on how to fix the auto conditioner dispenser on my WW109H9600 Washing Machine.

I love my washing machine and it works beautifully apart from not dishing out the conditioner.

The detergent side works perfectly and the conditioner is not clogged up

Fingers crossed!

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Jozi11: Thank you for that. Please can you confirm if you have completed the steps below to enable Auto Dispense? Note: Please ensure that you are you using liquid detergent and fabric softener

Settings > Auto Dispense > Slide the Auto Detergent bar to 'On' > Set the Amount and Water Hardness > Slide the Auto Softener bar to 'On' > Set the Amount and Concentration > Save. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
51 REPLIES 51
CarlH
Options
0 Likes
Jozi11
First Poster
Options

Hi Carl,

No code displayed.  I didn't notice for ages that it wasn't working, it was only when I was topping up the detergent that I noticed that the conditioner was still full!

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Jozi11: The model number provided above doesn't appear to be correct. Are you able to double check this via the label on the inside of the door or drum? 

0 Likes
Jozi11
First Poster
Options

OOOps! I have put an extra 9 in!  Thank you

WW10H9600

0 Likes
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Jozi11: Thank you for that. Please can you confirm if you have completed the steps below to enable Auto Dispense? Note: Please ensure that you are you using liquid detergent and fabric softener

Settings > Auto Dispense > Slide the Auto Detergent bar to 'On' > Set the Amount and Water Hardness > Slide the Auto Softener bar to 'On' > Set the Amount and Concentration > Save. 

0 Likes
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
The conditioner is dispensed via the same mechanism as the Pythargorus Cup. It adds water until the conditioner level exceeds a certain point, and it causes the entire volume to syphon upwards. There are no moving parts, or pumps or suctioning. It only requires a small amount of water added to the compartment to trigger it all to wash out.

If the water is being added, which i assume it is, the only, and most common reason for it not to drain, is a build up of conditioner gumming up the inside.
In the conditioner section there will be an additional piece of plastic sitting on top of a plastic tube like a little bottle top, it is just sitting on top, not screwed so pull it out and clean inside that plastic piece, and also the tube.

Heres how the pythargorus cup works.

Screenshot_20210406-195152_Gallery.jpg

0 Likes
Jozi11
First Poster
Options

Thank you,  Andrew, I feel so foolish that it was something as simple as that.  I have no idea how and when the setting was turned off but I have changed it tonight and I am confident that all will be well tomorrow when I do my wash.  Just so grateful to you, thank you again

0 Likes
Jaymark
Pioneer
Options

I have had the same problem with my Q-Drive for three years each year. 
The issue is the seal in the auto dispense pump fails when prolonged exposure to the fabric softener occurs. 
I have raised this with Samsung. It’s clearly a design fault and they should be doing something about it.

They are absolutely awful at responding and are arguing it’s a warranty issue. 
My argument is that if it’s a design fault then the warranty is not relevant as this is a failure to properly check their parts for long term use.  The seal hasn’t a chance in hell of surviving as the material degrades

i took my dispenser out to see what was happening and attached is an image of the seal.  Compared to the detergent seal it has completely  deformed so you lose the vacuum that feeds the softener.  

samsung are disgraceful and I too won’t buy another which is a shame as I love the machine. 

I’m afraid Samsung are being most evasive over this so don’t hold your breath.  
I’m taking this further

Jaymark
Pioneer
Options

Hi Jozi

If you have the auto dispense system then there is the issue.  It will never be right despite being repaired.

The seal in the auto dispense, fabric softener side degrade from exposure to the liquid.  It doesn't happen on the detergent because the ingredient used to soften fabric attacks the rubber.

The first thing you notice is that the detergent needs refilling where the fabric softener just doesn't.  

There is nothing you can do.....save for getting it repaired every year usually starts 6 months until it finally gives up.

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I am seeking my machine to be changed.  It's three years old and since this was a design fault you have more rights if you're UK based.   The shop you purchased it from have to replace this if the machine is deemed unfit for purpose since this is a brach of contract.  And they are not bound by guarantees etc if this machine had a fault at the start.

Kind regards

Jason

0 Likes