Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z fold 3 no sound on inner screen

(Topic created on: 24-09-2023 11:00 AM)
Gman1707
Pioneer
Options
Hello all, since the last software update when opening screescreen to full mode the sound dissapears. I have tested speakers in diagnostic mode with phone shut and all good. Once opened no sound. Can anyone shed light on this? 
73 REPLIES 73
brundy105
First Poster
Options
Just happened to me today too. If i have the screen half closed sound still plays. So frustrating
0 Likes
MistExterior
Journeyman
Options
I no longer believe it is a software issue. Having watched several videos, unfortunately, it looks like a hardware issue and an expensive one at that to fix. It seems like it's related to the 2 cables on the hinges (top and bottom) that need to be replaced after stripping the phone completely down. I might try sending it abroad to fix at a cheaper cost and the meanwhile consider buying the Google Fold which looks good value.
0 Likes
nix123
First Poster
Options

sadly i thought it is a software issue as well but it is a hardware thing!!!
there are 2 small flex cables or devices under the main screen that goes faulty or moves and prevents it from 180 deg open and sound. But though Samsung knows about it and Youtube is full with this error when you go to a Samsung lab they say they know nothing and you should replace the screen... which cost like a new phone - no more Sam for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYWzhN55J1o

0 Likes